JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as they go "bang". I find Winchester and CCI most plentiful in this area so I use Winchester in plain brass and CCI with nickel plated brass because I'm strange and like the curtains to match the rug.

Last Edited:
I've been loading 9mm and small primered 45ACP with Remington #6 1/2 small rifle primers with no problems because I had about 35,000 of them. Now I'm down to about 4,000.

Long story short, as long as you're not loading to "hot" then whatever you can find will interchange with no problems.

I havnt had a problem with any of them. I to like my primers to match.:D I also like my brass to be blinding bright. But that's just me. However in times of shortages. If you want to shoot. You will use what is available.

When you see things like primer type and barrel length and brass used in a reloading manual, that does not mean you MUST use exactly those items. That kind of incidental info is there only for reference, to give you a reason that your load works differently than the published one, and the lawyers insisted on it. Primer brand and type can make a difference when you are loading for benchrest competitions or hunting ants at 3oo yards. Handgun loading--not so much, if at all...............Temperature and bullet seating depth are going to have more of an influence on what happens on the range than primer brand, in most cases...........

"Long story short, as long as you're not loading to "hot" then whatever you can find will interchange with no problems." In general this is true, but if you have a reduced weight spring on a revolver the hardness of the primer does make a difference in firing.

If you are running a lightened firing pin (striker) spring for competition, consider using Federal since they tend to fire more easily with light strikes. That is, unless you are also running a lengthened FP. Then use whatever is cheapest and goes BANG.

Last Edited:
one would hope that by the time a person got around to shooting serious matches to the extent of making those modifications--that person would be smart enough and educated in the sport enough to----on second thought--this is the internet and you never know who might be looking at this thread--maybe the guy who left his laser boresighter in the barrel and got a big surprise--or someone even worse:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top