Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What Slick Willy Says about his AWB Outcome

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, Jan 20, 2013.

1. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Boomerang and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

The man is a self absorbed socialpath. I would not trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.

3. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

If you have any doubts about him google up his relationship to Carrol Quigley, specifically the book Tragedy and Hope.

4. RoneKiln

RoneKiln Western Washington Active Member

It's sincere, but don't mistake his words for support for the 2nd Amendment. The '94 AWB backfired horribly on the Democrats and many believed it ruined more than a few careers and lost the Democrats a lot of support over the following decade. He's just warning them to be careful any efforts to infringe on those rights doesn't harm them politically the same as it did in the late 90's. He doesn't express regret for the AWB, but for not acting to better support the Congress Members that supported it and then lost their elections due to it.

5. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

no what it is about is that his wife is running for prez next term, he doesn't want a bunch of pissed on gun owners showing up to the polls and keeping her out. I dont know how but right now she has a 72% approval rating. The only reason she lost to obamma tlast time was the black turn out. Personally i think we are screwed and the dems will get the big house again next term and bill will be back in the big house again..

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Slick "Willy" start this snow ball 20 years ago. Just look at him when he talks. He has that little side grin that says, trust me.....cause I am going to ef ya! Who would trust a president that pardoned a convicted felon of his own family.

7. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Just to echo some of what others have said - his current statements are all about warning democrats not to repeat past mistakes and risk loosing their political advantage without the ability to convince their citizens that they really support this agenda.
    Funny how he learned that they loose political clout when infringing on the 2A from history but don't expect us to also learn from history that registration often leads to confiscation...

8. dallen1x

dallen1x Wil_Val, OR Active Member

He's warning them to be careful.
    He's also giving advice on how to win.

9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Yep, exactly. He's not saying he was wrong, he's saying how he would have done it "better".