JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
howdy gents

decades ago i wrote sig off entirely. i cant even remember why, maybe something about the company or something.. whatever the case, ive since paid no attention to them and have had no interest until a couple years ago i was perusing use pistols on armslist and came across a local, really reasonably priced sig in 9mm, im pretty sure it had a poly frame, mid-compact (just something immediately under "full size" iirc), pretty sure it was single/double, seemed mags and holsters were readily available, and googling i kept coming across reviews that indicated it was one of the most underrated/undervalued pistols on the market... i was pretty sold on it, hit the dude up and said i wanted to buy it, but someone had claimed it moments before.. sadness.

anyway, im now thinking about looking for another, basically for no other reason than to say ive owned and shot a sig and have at least some experience with them, but i cant remember which model it was. i believe they arent made anymore, and looking over sigs website im not seeing anything that pops out at me as the one i was looking at.

kind of a longish shot, but any bells ringing w ye ol sig aficionados?

thanks gents

It could be many the Sig 239,245,230,225,P6 just to name a few . I have owned and fired just about all Sig models except for the P210 and all are boringly reliable ! There are so many models over the years maybe type in Sig pistols and look at some pictures and maybe one will spark your memory.I did not see the POLYMER lower I am a Sig alloy kinda guy .

p250 is DAO. I like the alloy framed sigs, (I put an aluminum grip on my p365 even) but am far less knowledgable on the plastic gripped sigs except the p365 and the p320.

It should not be to hard to find a 2022/2340 - they are not rare and they do not command a high price - about equal to that of the striker fired SIGs, and IMO superior by dint of the fact that they are DA/SA and therefore have a superior trigger.

Personally I prefer the metal framed SIGs, but I do own a 2022 and in addition, a 2340 upper.

I don't always shoot Sigs, but when I do.....they say "Glock" on them.

:D

In all seriousness, check this out. Since you said it was the most underrated Sig, I'm going with SP2022.

howdy gents

decades ago i wrote sig off entirely. i cant even remember why, maybe something about the company or something.. whatever the case, ive since paid no attention to them and have had no interest until a couple years ago i was perusing use pistols on armslist and came across a local, really reasonably priced sig in 9mm, im pretty sure it had a poly frame, mid-compact (just something immediately under "full size" iirc), pretty sure it was single/double, seemed mags and holsters were readily available, and googling i kept coming across reviews that indicated it was one of the most underrated/undervalued pistols on the market... i was pretty sold on it, hit the dude up and said i wanted to buy it, but someone had claimed it moments before.. sadness.

anyway, im now thinking about looking for another, basically for no other reason than to say ive owned and shot a sig and have at least some experience with them, but i cant remember which model it was. i believe they arent made anymore, and looking over sigs website im not seeing anything that pops out at me as the one i was looking at.

thanks gents
Almost certainly a SP2022 or a P250. Given your description of mags and holsters being readily available in combination with reviews suggesting that is one of the most underrated/undervalued pistols, I'd lean towards guessing the P250.

Mags, holsters, and other accessories are widely available for it because it shares modular commonality with the P320. You can pair the P250 FCUs and slides with the multitude of P320 grip frames and triggers allowing for an almost ludicrous amount of easily performed customization - even adding the AXG aluminum grip frame.

It was underrated/undervalued because many people didn't (and still don't) know how to shoot DA triggers. If you do, it's got the lightest, smoothest, and most consistent DA pull ever, and it's not even that long compared to many DA/SA guns. Nutnfancy has a couple of reviews that sum it up pretty well here and here.

I have owned one in .40SW and 9mm that has performed flawlessly, but I'm transitioning to H&K P30 pistols (and maybe a Walther P99AS for a striker fired gun) so it's up for sale/trade.

what sig am i looking for?

image.jpeg

LOL. You/we may need help of the therapy type...

howdy gents

thanks gents
You probably quit on Sig because of their patented triple-action triggers; single-action, double-action, and drop-action….

well im still not sure which one it was, but seems like the p320 is probably what im gonna be looking for

thanks gents!
Does it look like this?
This is the P320 in Compact/Carry size, which is the next size under the full size, as you mentioned in the OP.
It's had the factory trigger upgrade in 2018 to make it drop-safe, and this one is in .40 S&W, not 9mm.
I love it to death. It's my winter EDC. I carry a 9mm P365 for summer.

SIG Sauer P320 post-upgrade.jpg SIG Sauer P320 with light.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews