JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
......A cougar tag!

Hunted all last week in Central Oregon sage rats, rockchucks, badgers, jackrabbits and calling in coyotes. Well wouldn't you know it, a cougar comes in 20 yards away and me without a tag! He came in sniffed at the caller and then walked by me about 10 yards away. Sorry about the bad quality I only had a cheap no-zoom cellphone with me.

cougar.jpg
cougar1.jpg
cougar2.jpg

I don't know how many days I have hunted but I have never seen a cougar........ I want to and keep trying and one day maybe. Came across hundreds of bears but cougars are cool. I have seen a wolf up close and it was awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

There's a thread on another site where a guy was calling coyotes and a little bob cat appeared.Well the season wasn't open yet,and he was glad. cause he called it in to his toes!
It ran away when he took the that pic if I remember right.
Thanks for the pictures

What kind of caller you using? Have a cougar tag and want to fill it this summer but still learning how to get one to come in. I called one in during last years deer season and he was probably about 10-15 feet away from me and I wasn't sure who was more rattled. Didn't have a tag back then and I def. wasn't prepared to take a shot then.

I always buy a cat tag at the beginning of each year now as a matter of habit. Years ago (about 22years) when I lived in Washington, I came upon a fresh kill, uncovered, with tracks leading down a path. Being a bit more naive back then I thought I'd follow the sign to see what was down the path. Long story-short. It turned out that I had scared a cougar off his kill then he started stalking ME. I had never been so scared in the woods as that day. Now I ALWAYS have a tag and a suitable weapon when I'm hiking off into the woods.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top