JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good news...I was just told today, by my partner, that he and a couple of our friends are sick of trying to please me with an acceptable x-mas present. Instead they are just pooling there money and buying me a gun. It is about time they come up with a good idea like this one. Trouble is I have no idea what to get. I know it will be a semi-auto handgun but beyond that I am wide open. I will have around $600 to spend. Suggestions?

Oops...that is supposed to be "Santa" and not "satan." Stupid auto-correct. :(

Good news...I was just told today, by my partner, that he and a couple of our friends are sick of trying to please me with an acceptable x-mas present. Instead they are just pooling there money and buying me a gun. It is about time they come up with a good idea like this one. Trouble is I have no idea what to get. I know it will be a semi-auto handgun but beyond that I am wide open. I will have around $600 to spend. Suggestions?

You are far too conflicted to make this decision. I suggest you have your partner and friends send the money to me. I will choose the appropriate pistol for you and after thorough testing give it to you. Testing is a long an arduous process that may take many years, but I am willing to bear the sacrifice for you, 'cause I'm just that kind of guy. :D

Or just have them get you a bare bones park'd 1911. Can't go wrong with the 1911. Maybe an STI Spartan.

I saw a Tec-9 advertised. I'm pretty sure if you ask Satan nicely, you'll be cursed with such a thing. Just trying to help. (I once had a Tec-9. One of the guns I don't regret trading off.)

LMAO

Satan always brings me my toys for Christmas, lighting fires with that first lump of coal, been on the path to darkness ever since. LOL

I don't know your current collection or taste, but I did see on one of your older posts that you take well to the long pull of DA autos. I've been drooling over the CZ line recently. I think they look nice. CZ-75 SP-01 tactical would give you the DA, your choice of 9mm or 40 cal. Then there's the CZ-97's if you're a .45 guy.

I've heard some people say XD's are kind of ugly, however IMO it functions beautifully. My experience is with the standard .45 compact (short grip, 4" barrel). Now you could go and get an XDm in whatever caliber you favor. Still has a long pull on the trigger like DA, but no second strike capability.

AFAIK there are compact versions of all these available.

Why not go back to what you know with the G29SF or G30SF?

A Kel-Tec PLR-16 would be a nice thing to have... not a pistol but very useful and AWESOME! Full boat with all the factory goodies would still be under $600.

P.S. If that "Satan" really was the fault of auto-correct...that is even more AWESOME!

ah Playboy Penguin, it's a very easy choice (and, rather self-serving on my part :p)-- get the slightly used GSG .22 1911 I'm posting here tomorrow in 'for sale', then spend the rest taking your friends on a hunt for the most outrageous and hideously wonderful thrift-store holiday sweaters you can all find--examples:
uglysweateredit01.jpg
ugly-snowman-christmas-sweater.jpg

Yessir, you are most welcome for my sage advice :D

PB, i just pick this up and the 19's should be there today or next week it from Glock this way...

DSCN6379.jpg

Nice. I picked up one of those from Brightwater a couple of weeks ago.

The slide is treated with Failzero EXO coating, pretty much impervious to wear and self lubricating.:s0155:

ETA: I want a 19 too, but i already have 3 compact Glock's and am really loving my 19Gen4. Wish they would do a 21SF....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top