JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
o_O
I would buy a Mac 11 and put a Lage slow fire conversion upper on it for a lot less money then an Uzi.
I did that with my Powder Springs MAC10/45. Added their but stock as well and it made a huge difference. Still was a bullet hose and I got tired of it after a few years. One of our members here owns it now.

My neighbor just sold a select-fire M16 in the traditional M4 config with an ACOG for $43,000.

Don't wait to buy they will only get more expensive and the wait longer.

I called The NFA yesterday about my TSMG. Mailed mid September, they said it was received early October and to expect 11 months.... 11!

Ive owned a few transferrables and a few dealer samples. If you ask me the best bang for the buck and still somewhat reasonable in price are tube gun MP40's. Still floating around 10 grand if I remember right and you can shoot the snot out of it without worrying about destroying a C&R MP40. Uzi's always seemed way to heavy for what they are.

Now that I am in A free state where FA ownership is a possibility I would like to acquire "something" as a starting point.

An Uzi seems like it would be a fun thing just to have around and seem reasonable in comparison to something like an M16
How much for a full auto UZI? This online dealer Machine Guns, Buy and Sell Machine Guns, NFA | NFASALES.com has 2 uzis for sale. The lesser expensive gun is a register bolt gun. That means you can only shoot 9mm with it, but you can use it in a different host if you need to change the gun. Register receiver guns usually go for $2K more because they have to option of shooting other calibers.

If I owned an Uzi, it would look quite a bit like this:
2nahgb7.jpg

The dealer I linked to has "reasonable" prices as far as NFA goes, and a very good reputation in the NFA community. He is a regular on www.uzitalk.com

Ruben is another reputable dealer, but his prices are always the highest, always.

Stemple Takedown Gun sells some pretty cool new transferable guns. One of these might be my next gun.

There are other less expensive FA guns:
SWD M11/9 around $7500 for a basic gun, more if it comes with a Lage upper. The price for the M11/9 will surely go up once the Lage 5.56 upper comes out next year.
MAC 10 in either 9mm or .45 for a little less
Sten for around $7400

Buying any NFA item isn't terribly complicated, but it isn't for the impatient. My last transfer took 10 months. My shortest time was 3 months a couple of years back.

How much for a full auto UZI? This online dealer Machine Guns, Buy and Sell Machine Guns, NFA | NFASALES.com has 2 uzis for sale. The lesser expensive gun is a register bolt gun. That means you can only shoot 9mm with it, but you can use it in a different host if you need to change the gun. Register receiver guns usually go for $2K more because they have to option of shooting other calibers.

If I owned an Uzi, it would look quite a bit like this:
View attachment 372034

The dealer I linked to has "reasonable" prices as far as NFA goes, and a very good reputation in the NFA community. He is a regular on www.uzitalk.com

Ruben is another reputable dealer, but his prices are always the highest, always.

Stemple Takedown Gun sells some pretty cool new transferable guns. One of these might be my next gun.

There are other less expensive FA guns:
SWD M11/9 around $7500 for a basic gun, more if it comes with a Lage upper. The price for the M11/9 will surely go up once the Lage 5.56 upper comes out next year.
MAC 10 in either 9mm or .45 for a little less
Sten for around $7400

Buying any NFA item isn't terribly complicated, but it isn't for the impatient. My last transfer took 10 months. My shortest time was 3 months a couple of years back.

I'm used to waiting, I have 12 stamps currently and have another that's probably more like 15 months yet (just started the transfer to the dealer then I'll have to wait the current 11 months to me)

I would want a registered receiver, that makes the most sense as full auto Uzi parts are dirt cheap and the option of changing caliber is a huge plus.

The investment aspect is also why many believe the owners of FA guns want to keep FA guns restricted and not allow more to be added to the registry.
It's a catch-22. Before you are an owner, you want the NFA disbanded and think the ATF shouldn't regulate select fire firearms. Once you become an owner, you want to keep them scarce so your "investment" will appreciate.
I mean really, who wants their M16 they paid $25k for, to be devalued to less than $1k overnight?

The investment aspect is also why many believe the owners of FA guns want to keep FA guns restricted and not allow more to be added to the registry.
It's a catch-22. Before you are an owner, you want the NFA disbanded and think the ATF shouldn't regulate select fire firearms. Once you become an owner, you want to keep them scarce so your "investment" will appreciate.
I mean really, who wants their M16 they paid $25k for, to be devalued to less than $1k overnight?

So True.

Speaking as an owner, if I could press a button and have the NFA go away as well as removing the F from the ATF I'd do it in a heartbeat. My love of this country, the Constitution, and our rights and freedoms is greater than my love of money. Then again, I didn't buy as an investment.

I agree, I would get over "losing" on my investment.

Wouldn't be the first time I lost money on a deal and it would be on something I wanted rather than just some expensive paper

Mac 10's in semi form are completely different in function than full auto variants. They shoot poorly and silence poorly. The full auto versions are pleasant to shoot and silence nicely.

New to forum but thought I would add to this old post. Did you buy anything?

I purchased my UZI back in the early 1990s and even then it was WAY too much. I paid $1700 for RR IMI A model (pictured below). I always planned on buying an M16 or converted AR15, but never could never justify the cost of the gun or the expense of shooting .223 full auto. At the time I bought my UZI, M16s were about $3k-$4k. Today, RR UZIs go for close to $15k and M16s are closer to $30k. If you really want a transferable full auto firearm, I would suggest you bite the bullet and get one NOW. They are a better investment historically than nearly any 401k mutual fund but you probably won't ever liquidate them if you own one (but you can still tell your wife that!).

Benefits of a RR UZI over a registered bolt UZI or a MAC10 are the availability of parts, cheap magazines (9mm) and the easy ability to change calibers. I have a .45 ACP kit (they are really expensive now also), .41 AE barrel and magazines and a .22 kit. I rarely shoot other than 9mm or 45 ACP. Only the M16 or a HK lower trigger pack gives you this much flexibility, although both of those options are WAY $$$$.

My thoughts ....nice condition IMI wood or fold...8-10k
Had an local OR dealer with a bit back asking $8,000

Nice gun..want me to check availability for ya ?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top