JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have done a lot of research and just want some "real" opinions. I am looking for a semi auto tactical shotgun. I have around a $600 budget and want something that will function flawlessly in its time of need.

The Mossberg 930 fits your bill perfectly. I had a 930 SPX, and it was a great gun, but only ran defensive ammo well, it had trouble cycling the weaker target stuff. Other options are the different tactical autos from Remington, or a used benelli M1/M2. All of them take abuse and work if fed with proper ammunition (autos are pickier than pumps)

If you wanted hands down the best tactical auto IMO would be the benelli M4, but that's over twice your allotted budget.

Here are some good choices within your budget,

Remington 1100 tactical;

Probably going to run you a little bit more than your budget, but you may be able to find one used for under $600

Mossberg 930 SPX;

or 930 home security;

85320.JPG
Both are essentially the same gun, you save a bit of money by opting for the home security, but you dont get the magazine extension and ghost rings.

Benelli M2;

You might be able to find the base defense model used for within your budget.

Also one that I forgot, the stoeger 2000 in defense configuration;

No experience with this one, but its probably the lowest priced of the bunch

I hope this info helps

The Mossberg 930 fits your bill perfectly. I had a 930 SPX, and it was a great gun, but only ran defensive ammo well, it had trouble cycling the weaker target stuff. Other options are the different tactical autos from Remington, or a used benelli M1/M2. All of them take abuse and work if fed with proper ammunition (autos are pickier than pumps)

If you wanted hands down the best tactical auto IMO would be the benelli M4, but that's over twice your allotted budget.

Here are some good choices within your budget,

Remington 1100 tactical;

Probably going to run you a little bit more than your budget, but you may be able to find one used for under $600

Mossberg 930 SPX;

or 930 home security;

85320.JPG
Both are essentially the same gun, you save a bit of money by opting for the home security, but you dont get the magazine extension and ghost rings.

Benelli M2;

You might be able to find the base defense model used for within your budget.

Also one that I forgot, the stoeger 2000 in defense configuration;

No experience with this one, but its probably the lowest priced of the bunch

I hope this info helps

That Mossberg 930 is darn sexy............now I want one:s0001:

I have been really looking at the Saiga-12 but have heard conflicting information on their reliability. Let me know if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the Saiga-12. If I could afford the M4 that would be my top pick.

I have been really looking at the Saiga-12 but have heard conflicting information on their reliability. Let me know if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the Saiga-12. If I could afford the M4 that would be my top pick.

the saiga uses a gas operated system that is adjustable for the different rounds,,, so it has to be tuned to the round you will be shooting I.E. 2 3/4" to 3 " mags... and they take some time to get them broke in... about 250 rounds...They are a blast to shoot and i didn't mind shooting a buddy's at all i probable put 100 rounds thru it...:s0155::s0155::s0155:

I've been looking hard at a new Benelli Nova H20 12 gauge 18.5" for $550 for home defense. I can't decide if I want the pistol grip or not. But either way, Benelli makes a nice shotgun.

Hands down the saiga 12. Very reliable for me even with low brass. The under 1oz shot shells give a friends saiga trouble but 1 1/8oz work flawless in bolth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top