JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On a semi-related topic thread, anyone have recommendations for home security systems? What works? What doesn't? How do you choose a monitoring company? Things to look for in your monitoring contract?

It has occurred to me that with the economy going down the tubes (or, wherever it's currently headed) more folks may turn to crime. A security system may be a prudent investment.

This deserved it's own thread.

I'm curious on this too...

My parents have a 4 camera system connected to a 80gb hard drive hidden away. each camera has a motion sensor and motion sensing light so if anybody moves the light comes on and the camera starts rolling. It also has remote internet access so we can login to it, view video in realtime or previous data.... price tag $5000 for all wiring hidden, 4 camera, recorder full color high resolution. Not cheap depends on how muchyou can do on your own.

My parents have a 4 camera system connected to a 80gb hard drive hidden away. each camera has a motion sensor and motion sensing light so if anybody moves the light comes on and the camera starts rolling. It also has remote internet access so we can login to it, view video in realtime or previous data.... price tag $5000 for all wiring hidden, 4 camera, recorder full color high resolution. Not cheap depends on how muchyou can do on your own.

System Brand?

Originally Posted by korntera
My parents have a 4 camera system connected to a 80gb hard drive...

Don't wanna sound like a smartxxx but, for your parents sake, if I were you, I would not mentiong their name. IOM, security systems works best when a possible trespasser does not know what he's up to. it is better to assume not everyone with access to this forum is kosher, you know? Or maybe I;ve watched too many movies :s0092:

Don't wanna sound like a smartxxx but, for your parents sake, if I were you, I would not mentiong their name. IOM, security systems works best when a possible trespasser does not know what he's up to. it is better to assume not everyone with access to this forum is kosher, you know? Or maybe I;ve watched too many movies :s0092:

Nobody here knows where they live and if they did being that this is NW firearms im sure they are safe, i put an Emphasis on NW because nobody on the forum would live by them. But thanks for the heads up.

System Brand?

I will find out later, I was mostly just post ******* cause I had about 3 hours at work of the phone ringning one time so I started responding to everything lol. It is a great setup and will post the brand when I know, but im sure the cameras and recroder are all different.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top