JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It The Silmarillion by Tolkien, there is a chapter , more like a short story called Beren and Luthien.
Beren is a man who falls in love with Luthien a Elf ....together they face down Morgoth and reclaim one of the Elf Jewels known as Silmarils.
The book that order has the first drafts of the story and some other ideas behind the story.

Tolkien himself so identified with the story that on his and his wife's grave markers , they have their Christian names along with Beren for him and Luthien for her.
Andy
My wife and I met playing a Tolkien role playing game based on The Lord of the Rings. She was playing an elf and I was playing a ranger (human). Nineteen years later we're still in love. We can tell you things like the names of Galadriel's brothers, and that Galadriel is actually Arwen's grandmother. :)

s-l1600.jpg

Because somebody tightened all those plastic nuts with an air wrench when I had my new MT tires installed. I'm going to hand the tire store the bill for them.

What is that book about? I read the Hobbit and Lord of The Rings series(first in the mid 60's , but that title doesn't ring a bell. Also read National Lampoon's "Bored of the Rings". It was a quite funny parody of Lord of the Rings although parts of it is quite dated today like Gandalf being Goodgulf (a gasoline brand in the 60-70's) in the parody.
It's basically the history of the world that LotR takes place in. Kinda like reading the Old Testament.

Last Saturday
Kenwood TM-D710G VHF/UHF Mobile Ham Transceiver
Kenwood TS-480SAT LF Mobile Ham Transceiver
Supertenna dual band antenna
Chameleon MPAS HF antenna
Mobilinkd TNC2.2 (allows integration to a tablet running APRSDroid)
Cables, etc...

Getting next weekend
Chameleon V2L mobile HF antenna whip and Hybrid Base, mounts, cables, etc..

Thanks Mike...been looking for one for a few years now...will be using it to polish up my language when giving a talk about my old guns...at historic events , sites , museums etc...
A reprint is fine...as it will be read often...
Andy

Thanks Mike...been looking for one for a few years now...will be using it to polish up my language when giving a talk about my old guns...at historic events , sites , museums etc...
A reprint is fine...as it will be read often...
Andy

Online too, but like you ...... I like physical books. :)

Websters Dictionary 1828 - American Dictionary of the English Language

1828 HOME: Importance [ IMPORT'ANCE, n.1. Weight; consequence; a bearing on some interest; ... ] :: Search the 1828 Noah Webster's Dictionary of the English Language (FREE) :: 1828.mshaffer.com

For those keeping score at home. An example from Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

Gun
GUN, noun An instrument consisting of a barrel or tube of iron or other metal fixed in a stock, from which balls, shot or other deadly weapons are discharged by the explosion of gunpowder. The larger species of guns are called cannon; and the smaller species are called muskets, carbines, fowling pieces, etc. But one species of fire-arms, the pistol, is never called a gun

GUN, verb intransitive To shoot.

GUN'-BARREL, noun The barrel or tube of a gun

For those keeping score at home. An example from Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

Gun
GUN, noun An instrument consisting of a barrel or tube of iron or other metal fixed in a stock, from which balls, shot or other deadly weapons are discharged by the explosion of gunpowder. The larger species of guns are called cannon; and the smaller species are called muskets, carbines, fowling pieces, etc. But one species of fire-arms, the pistol, is never called a gun

GUN, verb intransitive To shoot.

GUN'-BARREL, noun The barrel or tube of a gun

Very interesting actually....Both on good and bad levels of todays FA thoughts:

"other deadly weapons" - bad
"smaller species" "carbine" - good
"pistol, never called a gun" - good

Just a cursory read....YMMV ;) I like physical books too

Been saving up some Amazon gift cards and finally had enough to get one of these, which I've wanted for a while. Will certainly help not only with long-term food storage, but for helping secure food and sealing some items against moisture in BOB's/GHB's, etc.

61-VQUwVT%2BL._SL700_.jpg

Been saving up some Amazon gift cards and finally had enough to get one of these, which I've wanted for a while. Will certainly help not only with long-term food storage, but for helping secure food and sealing some items against moisture in BOB's/GHB's, etc.

View attachment 420085
I bought the same one a couple months ago. 1st night I had it I was sealing all the things! :D
It works great though, still haven't tried the handheld bag/jar sealer apparatus.

I bought the same one a couple months ago. 1st night I had it I was sealing all the things! :D
It works great though, still haven't tried the handheld bag/jar sealer apparatus.

I bought the 2 jar sealer attachments with it - I like to store things in Mason jars - I also understand that's a good way to store O2 absorbers after you open the package - it's nice that you can open and re-seal those jars. I'm excited to start sucking! :rolleyes: (yeah, there's a freebie for 'that' thread)

Bought a few weeks ago but they came in last week.

Vinyl LP's BABY!!!!

Tom Petty, Pack up the Plantation Live NEW
Tom Petty, Pack up the Plantation Live Used NM (forgot I purchased this one).
Foreigner, Double Vision Used NM

24x36 Tom Petty poster. This (and the other R&R posters will compliment my Office.;)

Bought a few weeks ago but they came in last week.

Vinyl LP's BABY!!!!

Tom Petty, Pack up the Plantation Live NEW
Tom Petty, Pack up the Plantation Live Used NM (forgot I purchased this one).
Foreigner, Double Vision Used NM

24x36 Tom Petty poster. This (and the other R&R posters will compliment my Office.;)

Too bad there will be no new ones from Tom Petty. I liked him the minute I first heard the song Breakdown. I am kind of funny about music, if I liked it 40-50 years ago I still like it and if I didn't like I still don't. What kind of equipment are you playing them on?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top