JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reviewed.com-RvEW-20935-InstantPorHero.jpg

What is that book about? I read the Hobbit and Lord of The Rings series(first in the mid 60's , but that title doesn't ring a bell. Also read National Lampoon's "Bored of the Rings". It was a quite funny parody of Lord of the Rings although parts of it is quite dated today like Gandalf being Goodgulf (a gasoline brand in the 60-70's) in the parody.

It The Silmarillion by Tolkien, there is a chapter , more like a short story called Beren and Luthien.
Beren is a man who falls in love with Luthien a Elf ....together they face down Morgoth and reclaim one of the Elf Jewels known as Silmarils.
The book that order has the first drafts of the story and some other ideas behind the story.

Tolkien himself so identified with the story that on his and his wife's grave markers , they have their Christian names along with Beren for him and Luthien for her.
Andy

It The Silmarillion by Tolkien, there is a chapter , more like a short story called Beren and Luthien.
Beren is a man who falls in love with Luthien a Elf ....together they face down Morgoth and reclaim one of the Elf Jewels known as Silmarils.
The book that order has the first drafts of the story and some other ideas behind the story.

Tolkien himself so identified with the story that on his and his wife's grave markers , they have their Christian names along with Beren for him and Luthien for her.
Andy

We've got the Silmarilion on the book shelf, but haven't read it yet. We got one chapter in and got distracted with something else but haven't gotten back to it yet. We need to pick it up again at some point.

My Keurig died about a year ago, I haven't been interested in paying for another one that would just die again (they seem to only last 2-3 years tops). So I've been brewing other ways, but missing the convenience of brewing a single cup easily in the morning.

Swung by Goodwill looking for something else and found a Keurig commercial brewer meant for small office use. Appeared to be in good condition, of course I couldn't test it there in the store. Took it home for $20 and it has been working wonderfully. One of the big things I noticed that's different between the commercial model and my old dead model is the pump - the commercial model, from the sound alone very clearly has a more stout motor - and that's what failed on my old model. Also has a much more stout power cord. Reservoir size is the same as my old one, but this one has 3 cup sizes to select from rather than the 2 on my old model. Hopefully this will last a while, though, for $20 if I get 6 months out of it, I can't complain.

BEER LOL THAT'S NOT RANDOM I buy it all the time but I did buy a new boonie hat for my fishing trip to south Carolina I leave Saturday night fishing drinking and fishing and drinking oh and some BBQ lol IMAG1246.jpg

A new microwave.

Our old one died in the middle of food prep on thanksgiving. That was fun...

And of course it's larger than the old one so I couldn't reuse the mounting bracket, holes for top screws or anything. So much for a quick fix. Irritating to have it die.

It crashed so hard it tripped the breaker. :eek:

It disturbs me that my cabinets are 15" and the microwave sticks down 16.5", even the old one hung below.... oh well
BF6B0C55-F31B-421C-B6A4-92C627BAC1EC.jpeg

How do you like it?

For the price I'd say it's worth it, but I think I might return it and save up for a Roomba 860 or higher. The Deetbot has good suction and does pick up a lot of stuff, but I didn't realize how annoyed I'd be with the fact that it doesn't have any 'mapping' capabilities. When I bought it, I figured it'd go in a straight line, turning to go around or avoid objects in it's path. Instead it basically rolls around for an hour or two in a random pattern.

About a week ago or so....

A MacBook Air 13".....

For school of course! Swayed between this and a windows based machine but considering the software licenses I have already for our home Mac, student discount and being able to swap back and forth between home computer and laptop without any differences....

Then wife and I decided to end our relationships without iPhone 6s devices and take ATT up on their offer of buy one and get one free 8's. (Cept I splurged and went a little deep on the X.)

Whoever has Apple stock can thank me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top