JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Scored on Craigslist:

Nearly new and I plucked foam Pelican 1400.

The 1200 fits guns nicely...

IMG_3516.JPG

I left room for the next lens that I'm getting.

Last Edited:
Decided to try out the Schrade SCHF36 10.5 inch, full 1/4 inch tang Bushcraft knife. For the price of 34 bucks I figured why not. Saw Nutnfancy and a few others give it surprisingly good reviews. Got it home and put a shaving sharp edge on it, and a paracord lanyard. This weekend I'll put it through some tests. It already feels nicer in the hand than the Becker BK2. We'll see how it performs! 20170714_171815.jpg

The reel that ABU/Garcia hoped would replace the Mitchell's. I've not seen one of these in decades, and this looks like a great one. :cool:

I have an original Quick Finessa reel that is marked made in Germany. Apparently from what I have found it was made out of pre ww2 parts stored during the war and assembled after the war. My dad acquired it used in the early 60's and it still works good after many years of use. They produced it for many years afterwards and the one I was given to me on my 15th birthday in 1966 is almost identical except it says made in West Germany and no longer has the fish on the side.

It was quite a battle between the German D.A.M (Quick), the French Mitchell, and then the Swedish Cardinal. Ironically, the Cardinal was marketed by Swedish ABU/Garcia, but then the marketing was kind've taken over by American Zebco, as a direct competitor to the Mitchell, which was marketed by ABU, and was ABU's flagship spinning reel. Oh how the marketing alliances changed over the years.

Zebco desperately wanted to market a world class spinning reel. This was their attempt, but it never caught on.
P1040520.jpg
P1040517.jpg

Marketing the Cardinal finally gave Zebco the credibility they sought, and at the time, the Cardinal was considered the best.

Here's some nice history on the Cardinal...

<broken link removed>

And the D.A.M. Quick...The oldest of any of them, the company in Germany goes back way into the 1800's. Truly state of the art fishing reels then, and those that survived are still great reels. As progress goes, there is nothing left of the original manufacturing connection between Germany and Quick.

D.A.M. Quick Fishing Reels - History And Collective Value

I grew up in the fifties and sixties lusting after all these wonderful reels.

Last Edited:
27" monitor for the Mac Mini... Quite the upgrade from the 20" I've been using for the last 10+ years.

But I didn't buy it online, Staples was cheaper than Amazon!

Guess I could run dual monitors... but eh... That would look funny. Now I need to find a use for the old monitor, still one of the best ones I've ever had.

Last Edited:
I had one years ago that I used the hell out of, and eventually gave away. This one is exactly the same and in close to mint condition. So you can go back again. Great spin casting reels for salmon and steelhead.

It sits well on my Fenwick FS88

IMG_0928[388].JPG

Just bought 3 dress shirts and another new hat (as if it matters anyone).

I would like to buy a new suit, (I have found them in a nice little Formal Shop for a little over $330). These are great because they'll last at least 15-20 years. It will be a while before I can afford it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top