JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i've searched and searched but can't find what plate carrier this is. there's no tag or anything anywhere. i was told it was a usmc issued plate carrier but trying to verify. if you guys have any ideas i would love to hear them. thanks a lot

DSCN1642.jpg
DSCN1643.jpg
DSCN1639.jpg
DSCN1641.jpg

what's the nsn number and where is it located? thanks for some help, it's greatly appreciated. i bought this vest from somebody who got it from a friend that was overseas. i've realized that i won't be able to afford plates anytime soon and that it's pretty bulky and i'd be better off selling it and getting a chest rig and battle belt

The NSN number is what the military uses to order that spacific thing. It's kinda like a part number. I believe NSN stands for National Stock Number. Most are on like a squarish tag on the inside, with the manufacturer info. I had one that was used by a Marine Special Forces, but it did not look like that. Ofcourse, they use lots of different ones. Good luck on the sale.

I can say for certain that it is not either Army or USMC issue. It is not IBA, IOTV, nor the USMC IOTV. It is not a late-model plate carrier as is currently issued in Afghanistan (I had one, which I turned in at Manas in July). The fastex buckles look to be cheap. The NSN, with nomeclature and manufacturer would be sown in to the inside of the item. NSNs come in the form (all numbers) XXXX-XX-XXX-XXXX.

This looks to be an after-market, inexpensive one. It looks padded - check to see if it is foam padding, or if it's a kevlar pad (soft armor).

Kevlar pads in issued plate carriers/IBA/IOTV are rated to stop shrapnel and 9mm. The issued black plates (front/back and sides) stop 7.62 x 51 mm ball, and the green ones will protect against 7.62 x 51 armor-piercing rounds.

In my deployments, I saw many State Dept and other govt agency folks wearing all manner of these - gotten from wherever.

Cheers!

Looks like the one I have. I got it from the Vest Guy that sells them at the PDX Gun Shows and all over Oregon. I believe it's a Condor Carrier. Mine looks exactly like this. Level 4, sides, front, back and shoulder plates....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top