JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Firearm owners acquiesced to escalating regulation of their right to keep and bear arms from an abundance of caution. Somewhere along the way, the whole culture began to view firearms as a privilege, like driving a car or practicing medicine, rather than a right, like voting or freedom of speech.

The Overton Window shifted, and a great misunderstanding evolved. Now, predicated mostly on their cultural intuition, gun control advocates feel entitled to regulate away firearms for social engineering, as they might cars with bad fuel efficiency, or doctors who overprescribe opiates."

Great article:
Californians Flood Gun Stores When Magazine Ban Lifted For One Week

I would argue our right to privacy has been abused by big tech, TSA governement types, and the alliances between them, and honestly it pisses me off more than the violations of the 2nd.

I can build machines guns and suppresors in my garage all day long and not get caught, but I can't stop big daddy government from listening to my calls/phone/ or recording my "meta data"

My point was certainly what we've allowed to happen to the 2A, that said it should give us pause if we contrast the watering down of the 2A with our other rights. Kudos to Judge Benitez.

Rights are answers—uncommon, counterintuitive answers to timeless human problems that transcend fashions and centuries. In particular, the Second Amendment is an answer to that unfortunate, perennial human question: "What are you going to do about it if I take away your so-called rights?" Civil conflagrations and oppressive governments all over the world demonstrate that the Second Amendment is a hard-won answer that must be freshly remembered.

Nice to see an article who's author is lucid in the understanding of a right vs privilege and delineating via example the differences between them.

I wish so many sheep would read it and instead of glazing over, perhaps have an epiphanous moment of the proverbial light turning on thus illuminating the darkness of their abject ignorance. But I'm afraid two minutes of watching, "The View" would numb them right back to, "baaa, baaa, baaaaaaaa".....

Know what I mean?

:)

This is absolutely correct. I have said for a VERY long time that many gun owners are their own worst enemies. Every compromise that comes along finds many gun owners supporting it. 20 year olds can't have guns, gun owners love the idea. So the gun owners are saying it is not really a constitutional right after all then. We were just talking about someone who committed a crime decades ago and has been no problem since. Lot's of gun owners are all in on them never being able to have a gun. So it's not really a right is it. Lot's of gun owners tell law makers all the time they really believe gun ownership is a privilege not a right. This works fine until some new law steps on their toes, then they scream 2nd Amendment. Any wonder why law makers are so embolden?

I would argue our right to privacy has been abused by big tech, TSA governement types, and the alliances between them, and honestly it pisses me off more than the violations of the 2nd.

I can build machines guns and suppresors in my garage all day long and not get caught, but I can't stop big daddy government from listening to my calls/phone/ or recording my "meta data"

Sure you can, get rid of the smartphones in your house. Simple as that...:p

The whole rediculous nature of it did hit me over the "week of freedom".

Can you imagine any other market where a bunch of guys sit around waiting for a government agent to OK their purchase and then get one week to purchase that item?

It's not just a symptom of tyranny it's an assault on market freedom, a tentacle of an out of control octopus slowly dictating our economic freedom..

That in itself is terrifying not just for rights but for our future nation's prosperity and ability to put food on the table if it continues.

Testimony submitted today on SB978...

"'SECTION 4. Sections 5 to 10 of this 2019 Act shall be known and may be cited as the Cindy Yuille and Steve Forsyth Act.'

I have to say that I find it completely ironic that a portion of this bill, which curtails the ability of CHL holders to carry concealed firearms in public, is named for the victims of the Clackamas Mall shooting, which was stopped by a CHL holder carrying a concealed firearm in public.

Shame on you."

Last Edited:
Nobody would beg to exercise their other rights. The real issue here is complacency.... The more humanity grows the longer between revolutions, nobody thinks we need to worry about that happening anymore.

Fundamentally, do you think that our Founders meant that our rights should be treated differently state to state or do you think they meant that we should all have the same core rights?

Should a person in California, for example, have the same right to speak freely as a person in, say, New York? Or should that right be treated differently state to state or even county to county within the same state?

Can you imagine what would happen if before you could speak your mind, you had to go down to the local Sheriff's Office and obtain a "permit to speak freely?"

Further, that the criteria that the sheriff used to determine if he was going to give you a permit to speak freely, wasn't based on some standard uniform set of rules but was, instead, based on the sheriff's OWN subjective opinions and beliefs...which were different than the subjective opinions and beliefs of the sheriff in the county next door...which were, still different, than the subjective opinions and beliefs of the sheriff in the county next door to that?

What would happen? People would come unhinged is what would happen. And yet, that's EXACTLY what we have going on with 2A. We don't have a single Second Amendment. We have 50 unique and individual Second Amendments.

Our founders would be shooting people by now.

WOLVERINES!

Quote:

"As they bagged their purchases, they joked about sticking it to Beccera: "Every time the cash register rings, a gun grabber somewhere loses his wings … and his s–t."

Love, love, love it!

Cate

Here's another good quote form the article (the whole thing is worth the read):

Manifestly, no other constitutional right has been manhandled like the Second Amendment. Consider this hypothetical for perspective: a black American who wants to exercise his 15th Amendment right to vote finds out he must complete a weekend voting responsibility class and obtain an up-to-date voting license. He must undergo a background check before every vote he casts. He must wait ten days after filling out the ballot to turn it in, lest he mark his ballot in anger.

He must show two different forms of identification when he arrives at the polls. If his family believes he is unfit to vote, they can disenfranchise him with a phone call. If he gets diagnosed with a mood disorder or beats his wife, he can never vote again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top