JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still going to OC.

Good for the guy for displaying restraint.
While this was an example of an OC'er being attacked Id also like to note a "disheveled individual" should be made noticed and kept and eye on.. I think with his three kids running around and no doubt all bidding for "dads" attention his attention was taken off the proximity of a grown adult.. So his situational awareness was compromised. Which is easy to slip when you have kids.. But it should be made a priority if you are carrying and especially open carrying.

I do find it odd they lock up knives but not bats.. If you're going far enough to lock up all "potential" weapons.. They too are a deadly weapon that anyone could pick up and do harm with.

Anyhow, OC'ers dont let this discourage you. Learn from it.

Its our constitutional right to do so.
Funny thing about them locking up the knives in the sporting goods section. . . .go to the camping aisle and tell me what you see . . . . hatchets, couple different types of knives. . . . now go over where they sell silverware and knife sets. . . . .

:confused:

I rarely open carry but I do and will continue to when I feel the urge. Seems like the guy handled himself really well. That guy could have picked someone without a gun and killed them...Have to wonder if he picked him out because he hated the gun or wanted the gun.
I gave up trying to understand crazy a long time ago though.

Amazing. A single incident happens that involves more speculation rather than fact and the CC only crowd uses it as "proof" that OC is bad.
The facts are he was OC'ing but we don't know that is why he was attacked.
And that is the only fact we know for sure.
Stop giving the anti's something to use. I OC everywhere and I have never had an issue.

Yeah, I'm not ever going to change my modus for one incident! A guy met a nut, whatever.
I was not a fan of OC until recently, now I OC around my home and the street we live on. It's just more convient since I'm always armed, not really a political statement. Maybe that's how it should be, low key, just chatting with the neighbors. Haven't had any feedback at all, neither positive or negative.

Yeah, I'm not ever going to change my modus for one incident! A guy met a nut, whatever.
I was not a fan of OC until recently, now I OC around my home and the street we live on. It's just more convient since I'm always armed, not really a political statement. Maybe that's how it should be, low key, just chatting with the neighbors. Haven't had any feedback at all, neither positive or negative.
I prefer to carry full size guns. They're easier to OC and since I'm not worried about dressing around my gun I can use an identical holster system for all my guns. (I've got a Serpa for all of them)
I have had so many people use it as a conversation starter. They love to ask questions and I encourage it. A lot of people want to carry but many are just completely unsure of how to get started. There are so many misconceptions about guns such as registration, not allowed to carry, etc.
I use it as a stepping stone to recommend forums like this one and where to look for the applicable laws. I've been approached by everyone from young men to soccer moms to the elderly.
Once I was approached by a man in a wheelchair who was interested in carry but couldn't figure out a way to CC. He saw me OC and didn't know that it was legal.
I was actually able to give him lots of info as I spent 3 months in a wheelchair and ran into many of the same issues. Unfortunately for him the wheelchair is permanent.

Good, I hope he learned his lesson. Open carry is for the LE world and for the battlefield.

Everywhere else, no one needs to know I have a gun. And while OC certainly is easier, especially regarding wardrobe choices, I don't open carry because to me, that is like putting your bank balance and account number on a t-shirt and wearing it around the mall.

Just like I don't want people to know how much money I have, I don't want them to know I am carrying a gun.

Seriously sounds like some of the opinions are straight out of the anti gun handbook "Open carry is for the LE world and for the battlefield"
We all have the right to think it is silly most of the time...I do as I like the element of surprise but never will I think anything to do with carrying a pistol should be reserved for law enforcement and war. I pretty much only open carry when deep wood fishing or while camping in back country area.
Even though that is my opinion I want to reserve the right to carry into a damn store whenever I do not happen to have something to cover my gun up. It happens and I am not walking into many places without being armed these days.
Some folks do it all day every day and I see nothing wrong with that it simply does not meet my needs at the moment...Wish it did sometimes as it is a lot more comfy.
When I do open carry in the woods it is a 4" revolver with a snub nose concealed on me as I like the element of surprise. Even still I like being allowed to carry my big revolver for the world to see as most know it is not very comfortable to carry a large revolver concealed on a hot day.

Good thing that in our states your approval is not required yet.

This could just as easily read "Carry of firearms is for the LE world and for the battlefield"

It could, but that idea or thought wouldn't come from me. OC is for those people for a reasons far beyond the citizen who uses a gun for protection.

I am not against OC, I just think it is a dumb idea for citizens who carry firearms for protection.

When I worked the road, OC made sense because I had no cause to conceal who I was or what my business was while I was conducting it.

When I was on the battlefield, OC was normal and made complete sense because I had no need to conceal my weapons or intent.

When I go to the market, I am there to shop. Shooting a bad guy who shows up to do bad things will just be one of the free services that I provide.

In Washington its also legal to screw animals.... Legal yes, Your right to do so yes... Best way to "fulfill a need" I don't think so personally. (See last word)

YMMV.

I personally love the idea of NOT knowing who is armed and no one knowing that I am. I think it keeps people honest.

This right...I was unaware of and would have preferred to keep it that way. Don't want to know how someone even comes to look into the animal law.
Far from a valid example to anti OC as far as I am concerned. A bit extreme...and ruined my breakfast. Thanks for that.

This right...I was unaware of and would have preferred to keep it that way. Don't want to know how someone even comes to look into the animal law.
Far from a valid example to anti OC as far as I am concerned. A bit extreme...and ruined my breakfast. Thanks for that.

It was honestly that was a few years back when I heard the radio clip about a "curious" Wa resident and his horse.... Mr. Curious man died.

I agree it was a extreme analogy but gets the point across with food for thought IMO. My opinion is far from ANTI-OC, Its about accomplishing a task a better way.

Its too late for breakfast anyway. ;)

I could have waited a bit longer and ruined lunch too...

It was honestly that was a few years back when I heard the radio clip about a "curious" Wa resident and his horse.... Mr. Curious man died.

I agree it was a extreme analogy but gets the point across with food for thought IMO. My opinion is far from ANTI-OC, Its about accomplishing a task a better way.

Its too late for breakfast anyway. ;)

You are right...especially that I was on to my banana when I read that...first for me to gag on a banana.

I agree with concealed being a better route. Just know that at times it is a good thing to be able to OC. I agree with the logic of keeping everyone honest. Just want to be able to carry my .357 in a way that does not hurt when I have the need for it.
When I do it is not for people. It is for animals that I can never hope to keep honest...they are the sneakiest and most viscous predators of all!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top