JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like those...and shot an original , many , many moons ago...just not my style of muzzleloader.
See my post #7 for what i would like to see re-made....
But yeah a new one made like the originals , not a sort of copy like the current repros , would be nice....
Andy
Lucky... I really wanna shoot one at a long distance. I also want to see the Fayetteville Rifle being made again, but I doubt that can happen since it wouldn't even be made in Fayetteville anymore...

To be honest, I don't think I have a style of muzzleloader, just interested in some of the older ones like the two I commonly mention...

Lever guns like the Savage 99 in a Savage caliber, and I like Winchester Model 88's in Winchester .308, but any Model 88 would work for me.

Winchester 94 in .32 Special.

@Boboclown It was a Boy Scout Camp a long time ago...one of my Dad's friends like both match shooting and Civil War history...he brought out a Colt 1851 Navy , a Springfield 1861 Rifled Musket and the Whitworth Rifle...we all had a turn or more with 'em....that was a fun time...
Andy

@Boboclown It was a Boy Scout Camp a long time ago...one of my Dad's friends like both match shooting and Civil War history...he brought out a Colt 1851 Navy , a Springfield 1861 Rifled Musket and the Whitworth Rifle...we all had a turn or more with 'em....that was a fun time...
Andy
I don't think they did that sort of thing when I was a kid, but then again I wasn't able to join when I was a kid... Tbh I really just wanna be able to shoot one just to say I shot one.

A modernized, legal, single action or double action version of this would be awesome for home defense, even with 18" barrels... add M4 style telescoping stock to the back, and maybe improved ergonomics.... theyre break open, but has an action not unlike a revolver's system, but doesnt move all the barrels around. I'm not sure exactly HOW it works.... it was never able to fire more than 1 per trigger pull. defendermuzzle3.jpg

I don't think they did that sort of thing when I was a kid, but then again I wasn't able to join when I was a kid... Tbh I really just wanna be able to shoot one just to say I shot one.
I shot a muzzleloader in the BSA, but shot more clay pidgeons as nobody else seemed to line up and it was a a lot of fun. Think we used a Remington 870 for that.

How about a good Remington firearm, because apparently they haven't made one for years!

PS; they only let me shoot one round with the muzzle loader... I guess it was specifically for some achievement and I just went along for the kicks.

That ship has sailed, never to return. All part of the 1989 ban that's still in affect.
Along with German KH-91's.

Stupid PaPa Bush. :s0002:

https://www.atf.gov/file/56351/download
To clarify, because some of the ones on that list still are imported, this list is the "assault weapons" you can't import. Because they are imported in a 922r compliant state (no bayonet lug, no pistol grip, etc) they aren't assault weapons and can be imported.

Its how they are still able to import AKs and AUGs, both of which are on that list. In order for Steyr to make and import FALs again, they need to be compliant and imported in a state where it isn't considered an assault weapon, then be converted here. So the ship technically hasn't sailed from the list, it sailed from the lack of interest in doing so.

Otherwise we wouldn't have wasrs, npaps, etc. Nor would we have the AUG A3 M1, which is still an AUG.

They don't import WASRs that way... They're actually imported with the magwell cut to only accept 10 round magazines, thumbhole stock, and something blocking the threads. CAI converts them here. Its the same with Arsenal, the AKs get converted here. No idea what Steyr does with the AUG A3 M1, but in order to import this stuff to comply with the 1989 ban they have to be imported in a way to comply with 922r.

Post 1989 FALs were still imported, as were Norinco AKs. They were just imported in a "sporterized" condition or w/e, as in the thumbhole stock and all that.

Ok, all you historic fire arms experts, let's hear your thoughts ideas on the STG-44, what the heck was the ball at the end of the action rod meant for? Knowing German effency and economy of necessity in the later stages of the war, why, what was it used for?
I always thought it was to make it easier to grab when servicing, or to keep from causing damage to something when fireing, but that's a little overkill. It's not exactly earth shattering, just curious, maybe it was to dampen the piston, or steady the rate of fire.............IDK!:oops:

If I remember correctly, that ball nosed peg in the end of the gas cylinder is a stacking rod. Found on many rifles of the era to allow tripod stacking of rifles. Same purpose as the open sided "sling swivel" looking gadget on an M1 or '03 Springfield.

While I appreciate and understand the sentiment of the original post, for the most part the reason a lot of guns were discontinued is that no one was buying them. While there may be some renewed demand for certain models, it's probably not enough to cause a manufacturer to want to tool up and make them again. Or if they do, it's not going to be at a price any of us like. In other words, get 'em while you can, tomorrow may be too late. And nothing goes on forever.:(

There are certain guns, old school guns, I wish someone would make new runs of.

The M1 - John Garand's classic. .30-06, with a nice hard wood stock. Or even a nicely done laminate stock to keep prices down.

The Browning Hi Power - FN stopped producing it. Dumb move, IMO. A nice Mk III, highly polished, deeply blued. Rubber stocks. Good sights with front and rear dovetails.

The Winchester Model 94 in both .357 mag and .30-30 calibers.

What older, no longer produced guns would you like to see made again?
Remington Model 30
All the classic single shot shotguns (Win. 37, Stevens 94, Topper 088, IJ Champion)
S&W Model 15
Colt New Service
1908 Colt, but in .32 acp

Dean

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class