JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of the Valmet line, I am presently watching the 1986 comedy One Crazy Summer. The father of one of the characters owns a sporting goods concern and handles what appears to be one of the Valmet rifles. A pity they are no longer imported.

val.png

Speaking of the Valmet line, I am presently watching the 1986 comedy One Crazy Summer. The father of one of the characters owns a sporting goods concern and handles what appears to be one of the Valmet rifles. A pity they are no longer imported.

View attachment 472461
I wish they were imported again, but I really doubt it could ever happen... Bush Sr. really hurt the imports and left a sour taste for the companies importing rifles. Then it becomes a question of if there is an interest in the market, or if they even make them anymore. Let alone all the BS they have to go through just to import rifles...

We have too many laws. :(

There are certain guns, old school guns, I wish someone would make new runs of.

The M1 - John Garand's classic. .30-06, with a nice hard wood stock. Or even a nicely done laminate stock to keep prices down.

The Browning Hi Power - FN stopped producing it. Dumb move, IMO. A nice Mk III, highly polished, deeply blued. Rubber stocks. Good sights with front and rear dovetails.

The Winchester Model 94 in both .357 mag and .30-30 calibers.

What older, no longer produced guns would you like to see made again?
Model 99 Savage Featherweight in .243, 308, and 358!

Another vote for a FN (or Steyr) manufactured FAL. I'd also like to see the FS2000 come back into production in hopes of finding one that doesn't necessitate the selling of my firstborn and or a limb to acquire.

If the Austrians started making FALs for import again, they should price it to compete with DSA. Might actually knock DSA back to just making parts for 922r compliance.

Colt Model M--not the cheeseball in-shape-only knockoff an outsource is making right now that doesn't even take original mags, I mean a true-to-original-spec full-parts-interchange reissue.

COP .357 four-shot derringer.

How about the whitworth rifle? I thought @AndyinEverson of all people might have interest in that one. :eek:o_O

I like those...and shot an original , many , many moons ago...just not my style of muzzleloader.
See my post #7 for what i would like to see re-made....
But yeah a new one made like the originals , not a sort of copy like the current repros , would be nice....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads