JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How's about a Colt automatic model 1903? These were chambered in .32 ACP, wouldn't mind seeing one in .380 or 9mm. Could be very interesting. Like the nostalgic lines, smooth and simple.
I have one of these. Mine's in .32 ACP, but I'm pretty sure I have seen them in .380.
GunInv2016-Colt1.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing a 20" Hawken in .45/70 Government. :)

J.P Gemmer...made sporting rifles based off the Spencer Rifles ...he re-worked the actions into a Hawken style stock and furniture...
There are other examples of 19th century sporting rifles made from 1873 Springfield rifles , and Sharps rifles with "Hawken" style stocks and furniture...
Uberti made a Sporting rifle with a Sharps action in Hawken rifle style stock at one time...
If you have the cash....The Ballard rifle #5 Pacific model comes close...
Andy

Cash? Nope.

I was blessed financially recently and bought some guns to replace some that were sold. I upgraded somewhat from the originals with the exception of the M1A Scout. It was already as good as it gets unless it's a Fulton Armory or something.

So those are out of reach.
I love that Hawken that's for sale here, but I just prefer shorter rifles. That's what I started with and I'm most comfortable with. Plus they're fast to maneuver. :)

1) "I have had a reoccurring wacky idea of a modernized, more conventional/safe mechanical system, Mauser C96..."
I also have had demented visions of a C96 looking piece with a locking system from the Cz52. Any # of calibers would be appropriate.
2) "A return to a quality built single shot .22 LR rifle...with no stamped metal , pot metal and little to no plastic..."
Yup - falling block, dropping block, or rolling block.
3) And, last but not least...
A Baby Nambu in a modern mousegun caliber, esp .32 NAA.

I have one of these. Mine's in .32 ACP, but I'm pretty sure I have seen them in .380.
View attachment 595097
.380 version's called the Model 1908. Many of both were issued to both flag-rank officers and OSS operatives in WWII, and I know of a number of guns built as 1903's that were upgraded to 1908's with a simple top-half and mag swap.

WARNING: Do not try this with the recent "reissues," they are 1903's only in cosmetics and have zero parts commonality with the originals.

Last Edited:
I know this one is backwards too, but I really think that Ruger needs to chamber a few of their new Wrangler revolvers in .32 S&W Long. I would buy one today if they made them.

The Mars is indeed an odd duck. Pretty neat in many respects. Kind of reminds me of an Edwardian-era version of the Desert Eagle.

In case it is of interest, Forgotten Weapons, has a video on said British behemoths. Cheers. :)

How about a Springfield 1903 rifle with a modern day manufactured Pederson device but chambered in something available like; 32ACP or perhaps 30 carbine. Not sure if the latter would eject the shell casings through the receiver opening. Anyway for those of us who already have this particular rifle, it sure would be a nice to have a Pederson (in addition to my bayonet, sling, front site protector, etc.).

pederson.jpg

These ain't really old..but I'd like to see the Ruger .357 bolt action carbine return with a wood stock ...and have the calibers .44 magnum , 45 colt and .45 acp added to the line up...
Andy
The .44 mag in walnut already exists in the 77/44 model. You can also buy new walnut stocks from Brownells or Numrich for the .357. I've toy'd with the idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top