Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What OLD firearm would you like to see in a Modern Caliber?

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
I think the Remington Model 8 is a really cool rifle...but it's chambered in essentially defunct calibers.

I'd love to see the Model 8 in a modern caliber (300 BLK would make sense but I think .357 would be way cool too)

What old firearm would you like to see in a modern caliber?

Reactions
I'd love to see a 9mm Nambu pistol. The Ruger postwar copy has been widely popular, but strays too much from the original for me to pick up.

Reactions
I'd like to have a Remington 722 in 7mm-08 or 6.5 creedmoor. I grew up shooting one in 300 savage and would like to have a little more range with the same model rifle.

A lever action in .357 maximum would be fun.

AndyinEverson

Reactions
Bring back the Remington 141 Gamemaster in .35 Remington and add .30-30 to the rifle's caliber choice.
The Remington Model 14 in .357 / .38 Special , .45 Colt , .44 Magnum...

Winchester 351 SLR in .357 Magnum / 38 Special , 45 Colt , .44 Magnum...
Andy

AndyinEverson

Reactions
Kind of backwards, but I’d like to see a modern rifle chambered in 7.62x54r
I wonder just how many Mosin Nagants were made as sporters in Soviet Russia / Warsaw Pact countries...?
One could own firearms in those places at that time...just very limited.
Andy

I have had a reoccurring wacky idea of a modernized, more conventional/safe mechanical system, Mauser C96 in 5.7mm or .357 Sig, with a 20-round capacity. Since I am dreaming, an SBR version with the detachable stock/holster. (The likelihood of something like that being made is probably on par with me winning the lottery that I never play.)

AndyinEverson

Reactions
For you "Broomhandle lovers...
( Eww...that sounds wrong and I'm sure will end up in a certain thread...:D )
www.joesalter.com
'Bout half way down on the new arrivals page is a 1901 Mannlicher carbine in 9mm Para.
Just sayin'....:D
Andy
Edit to add right address , but the link don't work....
Edit again...works now , go figure...LOL

For you "Broomhandle lovers...
( Eww...that sounds wrong and I'm sure will end up in a certain thread...:D )
www.joesalter.com
'Bout half way down on the new arrivals page is a 1901 Mannlicher carbine in 9mm Para.
Just sayin'....:D
Andy
Edit to add right address , but the link don't work....
Edit again...works now , go figure...LOL
Oh my ... that is a beauty:

MAgaNuo.png

Then I saw the $13K price tag: :eek:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online