JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Their higher costs put people off for the rimfire rifles, even though they were are a good value for the better quality you get.

The centerfire rifles were a great value. After they changed them, eliminated the set trigger and increased the cost, their value is not there anymore. The 527 was a premium varmint rifle in both the heavy and Sporter barrels. Used they have doubled in price and not worth it compared to other manufacture offerings.

They do not offer a stainless/synthetic for serious PNW hunting. Not much reason to look at them for a big game hunting rifle.

Their higher costs put people off for the rimfire rifles, even though they were are a good value for the better quality you get.
Really? I suppose that'd be true for people who equate .22's to "toys" but I'm not seeing it for people who want one for hunting or competition use.

I picked up a 457 synthetic for maybe 400-450 back in 2020/2021. That's in line with Savage pricing and even cheaper than a heavy barrel 10/22 - and between the 3, the CZ wins in the accuracy department.

Downsizing, I kept my CZ75 and sold the Beretta 92 because it has the better trigger, even though I liked the looks of the Beretta more. Beyond aesthetics, fit, finish, and ergonomics, were about equal for me.

I'm running a cz 452 American .22
And a 527 in 22 hornet
A 527 .223 varmint Kevlar
And a 550 22-250 with the Kevlar.
Czs we're awesome. It's a shame the company's rifle market is dead now. I'd have bought more but they sell trash now

527's are phenomenal; light, compact, incredibly accurate; I've had the pleasure in 223, 300blk, and 7.62x39.
The best 22lr was the 453... the 452 with the same set trigger as the 527. The 455 was a cheapening move.

Love my 550 Safari in .375 H&H Took it to Africa where it gave great service. The trigger on its own is good but using the set trigger makes it amazing.

I love CZ rifles!
Wait...what...
I'll see myself out...

Joe

20220319_122306.jpg

They kill stuff.

1682598195360.jpeg

CZ 527 American. .17 Hornet. Burris Timberline 4.5-14 x 32mm. A near-perfect walking varminter rig. Sadly, both discontinued.

1682598674228.jpeg

CZ 550FS, 6.5x55mm, 3x9 Leupold Compact. An ideal set-up for Whitetails. Sadly once again, both discontinued.

Whoever said, "Find an item better than anything else and you should buy a lifetime supply because they'll stop making it" was right.

Fortunately, I have a "lifetime supply" of these. :cool:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews