JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Their higher costs put people off for the rimfire rifles, even though they were are a good value for the better quality you get.

The centerfire rifles were a great value. After they changed them, eliminated the set trigger and increased the cost, their value is not there anymore. The 527 was a premium varmint rifle in both the heavy and Sporter barrels. Used they have doubled in price and not worth it compared to other manufacture offerings.

They do not offer a stainless/synthetic for serious PNW hunting. Not much reason to look at them for a big game hunting rifle.

Their higher costs put people off for the rimfire rifles, even though they were are a good value for the better quality you get.
Really? I suppose that'd be true for people who equate .22's to "toys" but I'm not seeing it for people who want one for hunting or competition use.

I picked up a 457 synthetic for maybe 400-450 back in 2020/2021. That's in line with Savage pricing and even cheaper than a heavy barrel 10/22 - and between the 3, the CZ wins in the accuracy department.

Downsizing, I kept my CZ75 and sold the Beretta 92 because it has the better trigger, even though I liked the looks of the Beretta more. Beyond aesthetics, fit, finish, and ergonomics, were about equal for me.

I'm running a cz 452 American .22
And a 527 in 22 hornet
A 527 .223 varmint Kevlar
And a 550 22-250 with the Kevlar.
Czs we're awesome. It's a shame the company's rifle market is dead now. I'd have bought more but they sell trash now

527's are phenomenal; light, compact, incredibly accurate; I've had the pleasure in 223, 300blk, and 7.62x39.
The best 22lr was the 453... the 452 with the same set trigger as the 527. The 455 was a cheapening move.

Love my 550 Safari in .375 H&H Took it to Africa where it gave great service. The trigger on its own is good but using the set trigger makes it amazing.

I love CZ rifles!
Wait...what...
I'll see myself out...

Joe

20220319_122306.jpg

They kill stuff.

1682598195360.jpeg

CZ 527 American. .17 Hornet. Burris Timberline 4.5-14 x 32mm. A near-perfect walking varminter rig. Sadly, both discontinued.

1682598674228.jpeg

CZ 550FS, 6.5x55mm, 3x9 Leupold Compact. An ideal set-up for Whitetails. Sadly once again, both discontinued.

Whoever said, "Find an item better than anything else and you should buy a lifetime supply because they'll stop making it" was right.

Fortunately, I have a "lifetime supply" of these. :cool:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews