JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have done searches looking for CZ postings and about the only thing that comes up, are some old For Sale threads. I thought someone for sure would have posted about The Big 3 (452's, 453's [452 w/a set trigger], 455's and 457's). You know..., "I just got my new (Insert # here)" thread.

They are nonexistent, unless, somehow, I have missed them.

Everytime I get a new one, I am just busting at the seams to show it off. I now have 5 and can't see myself slowing down. The other guys call it "CZitis", for a good reason. Seems like once you get one, you just can't stop (like eating potato chips)!

So here goes, my latest one... a Grand Finale, that I have been searching for 7 years for! These were supposedly released in late 2016. There was a limited run of 1000 of the last of the 452 platform, just after it was discontinued. They weren't cheap, as I believe they retailed for $1095. Local dealers weren't getting them in and when they did, it was either, drop dead gorgeous wood or fence posts. They would order for you, but you were stuck with whatever came in. I wasn't about to gamble... so I waited. Then they dried up (all sold out) and the prices started to shoot up. Especially if it was a nice one! I told myself I would just have to pick one up on the secondary market and pay a premium. I sure wish I'd ordered 1 or 2 and turned them for a profit to pay for one I really wanted.

Back on subject... 7 years later, I finally found, THE ONE!! I think you may agree...

My CZ 452 Grand Finale:

(Seller's photos)
CZ-Grand-Finale-1.jpg

CZ-Grand-Finale-11.jpg

CZ-Grand-Finale-8.jpg

CZ-Grand-Finale-4.jpg

CZ-Grand-Finale-15.jpg

As you have probably guessed... I'm pretty excited. Now to find the perfect piece of glass to mount to it. Incidentally, it also comes with a beautiful set of engraved rings.

Like I mentioned, this is my 5th CZ. I picked up my 457 before this, from the local farm store, that knocked my socks off, as well! It was sitting in the rack for a couple of days and no one snapped it up! I had to pay retail for it! I think it was about $550 out the door. I could sell it for much more, as all bring a premium with nice wood.

Maybe post it later, if you guys twist my arm...

Thanx for staying with me and be safe out there!

Oh, and post up some of those CZ's that I know are out there!
Robert

Those that know of CZ don't talk about CZ. We don't want others to know.

I have done searches looking for CZ postings and about the only thing that comes up, are some old For Sale threads. I thought someone for sure would have posted about The Big 3 (452's, 453's [452 w/a set trigger], 455's and 457's). You know..., "I just got my new (Insert # here)" thread.

They are nonexistent, unless, somehow, I have missed them.

Everytime I get a new one, I am just busting at the seams to show it off. I now have 5 and can't see myself slowing down. The other guys call it "CZitis", for a good reason. Seems like once you get one, you just can't stop (like eating potato chips)!

So here goes, my latest one... a Grand Finale, that I have been searching for 7 years for! These were supposedly released in late 2016. There was a limited run of 1000 of the last of the 452 platform, just after it was discontinued. They weren't cheap, as I believe they retailed for $1095. Local dealers weren't getting them in and when they did, it was either, drop dead gorgeous wood or fence posts. They would order for you, but you were stuck with whatever came in. I wasn't about to gamble... so I waited. Then they dried up (all sold out) and the prices started to shoot up. Especially if it was a nice one! I told myself I would just have to pick one up on the secondary market and pay a premium. I sure wish I'd ordered 1 or 2 and turned them for a profit to pay for one I really wanted.

Back on subject... 7 years later, I finally found, THE ONE!! I think you may agree...

My CZ 452 Grand Finale:

(Seller's photos)
View attachment 1387541

View attachment 1387543

View attachment 1387544

View attachment 1387545

View attachment 1387546

As you have probably guessed... I'm pretty excited. Now to find the perfect piece of glass to mount to it. Incidentally, it also comes with a beautiful set of engraved rings.

Like I mentioned, this is my 5th CZ. I picked up my 457 before this, from the local farm store, that knocked my socks off, as well! It was sitting in the rack for a couple of days and no one snapped it up! I had to pay retail for it! I think it was about $550 out the door. I could sell it for much more, as all bring a premium with nice wood.

Maybe post it later, if you guys twist my arm...

Thanx for staying with me and be safe out there!

Oh, and post up some of those CZ's that I know are out there!
Robert
Wow, beautiful rifle. I, too, am a big fan of CZ's, at least the rimfires and handguns. Here are my two 455's, a standard and American synthetic stock. I really wanted a wood stock American, but they had been discontinued and this synthetic stock was all I could find. I was able to score the standard for just $299, while the American synthetic ran about $500. I also have a .17HMR conversion kit with barrel and magazine that I use with the American for Varmint season.

236C4F5F-4299-4697-8A6E-74E2115865BB.jpeg

Cz is like fight club!

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

That being said I have 4 cz452's and a cz handgun, I will not buy the cz455's but I like the new cz457's. Also I think the 452 is better then what they are putting out now but not by much.

Sold both my CZ 550 Americans. 30-06 and .308. Wonderful hunting rifles with great triggers, but age and titanium knees made lighter synthetic stocks more appealing than the wood ones, especially when carrying a pack. So its off to Tikka I went... That said my CZ's were accurate and reliable, and I still keep an eye out for a decently priced 452 when my budget replenishes..

I don't have a dog in the fight, but it seems like there is much sorrow in CZ World due to the beloved CZ527/550/557 rifles being discontinued.
The new Model 600 replacement has had a safety recall.
If I understand, the Model 600 was designed to have user-replaceable barrels.
Then it was decided that the masses couldn't be trusted to set headspace correctly, so the rifles were re-called to disable the quick-change barrel system.

This Model 600 looks like a budget gun where the DC'ed line was Mauser-based.
Not a fan of the decision to abandon 527/550/557......they have lost their way, IMO.
James Calhoon Rifles based his business on CZ 527
I could see him switching to Howa Mini

I don't have a dog in the fight, but it seems like there is much sorrow in CZ World due to the beloved CZ527/550/557 rifles being discontinued.
The new Model 600 replacement has had a safety recall.
If I understand, the Model 600 was designed to have user-replaceable barrels.
Then it was decided that the masses couldn't be trusted to set headspace correctly, so the rifles were re-called to disable the quick-change barrel system.

This Model 600 looks like a budget gun where the DC'ed line was Mauser-based.
Not a fan of the decision to abandon 527/550/557......they have lost their way, IMO.
James Calhoon Rifles based his business on CZ 527
I could see him switching to Howa Mini
Yep the recall is on there front page of there website

762D12A7-ED3B-4A71-870A-02A6662F2EC7.png

A CZ 22 rifle you say? I may have been late to the party but I've picked up a few CZ 457s. First one was a ProVarmit (wood with a textured finish and 16.5" bull barrel) I got to make little holes further away and get consistent hits on my know-your-limits targets at slightly further ranges.

CZ 457 ProVarmit with an Athlon Argos 6-24x50:
1679359528624.png

After that, I was thinking about getting my kids one to shoot so I picked up a 457 Scout with the laminate stock. I liked it so much I decided to keep it for myself but got the boys each a CZ 457 Scout with the standard wood stocks.

CZ 457 Scout (laminate) with a Skinner rear peep and a Montana sling (pardon the glare):
1679359747766.png

Bolt/lever action 22 shooting is about my favorite shooting these days so these are high on my list of favorite guns (although they are pretty much ALL on my list of favorite guns).

Your recent acquisition is a beauty for sure!!

I am a big fan of the 550/527 model and still own a handfull. The 557 never took off, and now the 600 without the switch barrel system pointless to me. Sad times at CZ.

CZ 453 Varmint cut and threaded to 16" by Velzey, sitting in a LSS chassis with a FFP ranging reticle Pride Fowler. Sub MOA at 100, and silent as sin with the Spectre.
I love my 527's as well… 223, 300blk threaded, and 7.62x39.
The Shadow 2 magwelled plus 22 conversion, 97B, and p-07 Omega with a ultralight trigger job round out my CZ collection.
I'm a huge fan.

1C040DFE-9300-4229-9555-0FE2E055579C.jpeg 83046F31-A101-489D-9148-B3EF476B72DB.png A8DD4BD6-6258-4B4F-B441-B029CBA28DE5.jpeg DB370E5B-A49A-46C0-B5FE-8F31B9E8D620.jpeg E2F8239E-2B57-4F91-99D4-8B8DC9AEC015.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top