JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased two Browning X-Bolt rifles (Stalker and Hell's Canyon Speed), both in .308 Win. So far I shot both regular and match-grade ammo. Regular ammo that I shot was Federal 158gr and match-grade Winchester 158gr. Both ammo was accurate, but I could not load magazines in my rifles with the match-grade ammo. Winchester match-grade ammo is just about 1-2mm too long. Is this the case with all match-grade .308 ammo, or just with the one that I purchased? I knew that this particular Winchester brand was not going to fit semi-auto magazines (the reason for some negative reviews about the ammo), but I was not expecting this to be the case with a magazine from a bolt-action hunting rifle. It is not that of a big deal for me since I do not mind feeding rounds manually, but I would still like to be able to buy match-grade ammo and be able to load magazines with them. Can anyone give me some input? I would highly appreciate it.

Cheers to Beers and All My Peers,

Dan

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top