JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is the short article from the Oregonian:
"Police responded in force to reports of a man with a gun in Southeast Portland late Monday -- only to find a confused customer and staff at a gun store.

A passerby outside the Gun Room Inc., 5537 S.E. Foster Rd., called 9-1-1 about 6 p.m. to report that a man standing outside was holding a gun and looked "nervous and sweaty," said Sgt. Pete Simpson, a Portland Police Bureau spokesman.

Area residents reported seeing officers surround the shop and set up a perimeter with assault rifles drawn. But police quickly realized the "suspicious" man was there to sell a gun. They left without issuing any citations, Simpson said.

"The police response was appropriate," Simpson said. "If you thought someone was robbing a gun shop, you're going to show up with guns."

A man who answered the phone at the Gun Room called the incident "just a case of mistaken identity," but declined to comment further."

Now, what are some reasons to be "nervous and sweaty" in regard to guns?
1) Sometimes my AR makes me nervous and sweaty when I think I might get a chance to go shooting.
2) The guy in the article might have been nervous and sweaty because he was about to attempt to sell his Glock to the guy at "The Gun Room"

Any other ideas?

A cop with his gun drawn on me tends to make me nervous and sweaty.

And knowing some of the stories, rightfully so!

The last officer who stopped me seemed afraid of me, because (I guess) he could see the CWP in my data. The irony of a cop being afraid of a permit holder and not of a non permit holder is weird to me, the one likely to shoot him will almost certainly not have a permit.

I always felt more nervous with a gun pointed at me than pointing one at someone else. Funny how that works. I don't mind a cop pointing a gun at me, but having his finger on the trigger makes me very nervous.

What makes you "Nervous and Sweaty"?

When my children play near the road as cars speed by.
When I an trying to make a putt for a birdie.
When my wife tells me that she "fixed it herself". :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top