JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Makes me wonder: are they for or against gay marriage ?

Off topic, but none are married nor interested in marriage. My cousin has no reason to do otherwise. Very good lesbian friends were obligated to get a civil union certificate so they could qualify for our 55+ community under HOA CCRs. They were insulted that it was required.

I came up from ca 2 years ago, the biggest reason a model might be illegal in ca is it is not on the doj approved list of fire arms for sale in the state, the doj will approve a firearm if the manufacturer gives them 2 for testing, pay a fee, and they pass the test(s). many manufacturers are forgoing this and just not doing business in ca. Hence their guns "fall off" the approved list, it gets shorter every year. Guns can be imported if legally purchased outside of the state and anything can be sold privately that is imported in such a matter. Go to calguns.org for further info.

If bringing guns into the state you do have to notify state doj within 7 days (they have a form), but only if you intend to reside there. Hi cap mags are allowed to be posessed, if, they were purchased before the ban, using them is another story. Of course the whole AR rifle world is a mess, you can't have certain brands of lowers while others are good. you can only have certain "evil" features. Non removeable magazines, that is, one not requiring a tool to remove. hence the bullet button feature.

In other words it is a damned mess.

the biggest reason a model might be illegal in ca is it is not on the doj approved list of fire arms for sale in the state

This still bothers me. They are NOT ILLEGAL. FFL just won't sell one to anybody other than an agency, security company or an individual LEO. If a LEO purchases one, he is free to sell to anybody later on (talk about classes in society).

This also reminds me. There is that funny loophole for magazines with capacity over 10 rounds - armored vehicle business can sell those to anybody. So if anybody has a good friend working for one, make sure to get some magz :D

Guys,

Help me out....the last handgun I bought at the gun show had on the box "illegal in Calif".

What makes the gun illegal? When I lived in Calif...don't tell anybody...I owned similar handguns (Colt 1911, Berretta, etc...), they weren't illegal. Also read an article about SBR's (AR's) being illegal.

If I move or have to travel through California, it appears I'd have to ship the guns. Don't want a felony charge just for transporting my guns to other state when I move.

Help me out...

Thanks,

Quick answer - it shoots real bullets. But magazine capacity is usually why.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top