JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW, I finally get to show off a yard sale find of a lifetime.
Didn't need it, don't use it and I'll probably never get rid of it.
When you say you want to buy local, it don't get any more local than this one!
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

I have one like this I got at a farm store. It is as good as the wwII ones. Shorter thicker blades are best for heavy cutting. Thin blades viberate when you hit something tough.

What make a good machete? My friend Bill makes a good machete. He made 1 for me out of a hardened steel saw blade from a mill, cut it to the shape I drew, slight drop tip that is also sharpened, 2/3 of the spine still has the teeth. Handle is made from composit deck board, handle is shaped to MY hand, riveted to the blade(full tang) and dipped several times in rubber tool dip, even has a lanyard hole. Its a bit heavy for a long day, but it chops great and holds an edge like a good axe. Yup, my friend Bill makes a good machete. I named it the Billchete.

^^ Shape your own handle out of composite deck board! That sounds like an awesome blade. Did that to an old stansport drop point machete once the old handle disintegrated and it has improved the handling and cutting. I'm not excited about the company for all the hype, but I've used a lot of Cold Steel blades for bushwacking and clearing. They've got a size and shape for everything, the blades hold an edge, and they're midweight compared to something like a Ka-bar kukri.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top