JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it's a low wall but can not figure out what company made it. Winchester, Browning, Wickliffe, etc. ? The little spur that goes under the pistol grip makes it different than anything I can trace. The only wording/numbering is a serial number. It has a 26.5" bull barrel and a gun smith put their mold in the chamber and he came out with .219 Donaldson Wasp. It's certainly center pin firing pin, and .224" diameter barrel. Super light trigger pull about 2-3oz, I'd guess. I'm not 100% convinced he got that right but that is all I have to go on for now. The original owner is deceased. Any help would be appreciated. DSC_2103.jpg DSC_2086.jpg DSC_2102.jpg

I'm surmising it is a Winchester 1885 Falling Block action. It's not a Browning as they only made about 25,000 roughly. However Winchester produced more than 120,000 up to 1920. Yours is at 121,000 so it was manufactured near to the end of this models run.

It is very common for people to customize then for various and sundry purposes. It was almost like the AR in its day for mods and tinkering. It appears to be set up as a schuetzen rifle for competition although that cartridge was the darling of benchrest shooters soon after WW2.

Take it to Joe at the Gun Works in Springfield and he will tell you everything you want to know about it!!!

Last Edited:
I'm surmising it is a Winchester 1885 Falling Block action. It's not a Browning as they only made about 25,000 roughly. However Winchester produced more than 120,000 up to 1920. Yours is at 121,000 so it was manufactured near to the end of this models run.

It is very common for people to customize then for various and sundry purposes. It was almost like the AR in its day for mods and tinkering. It appears to be set up as a schuetzen rifle for competition although that cartridge was the darling of benchrest shooters soon after WW2.

Take it to Joe at the Gun Works in Springfield and he will tell you everything you want to know about it!!!
Thanks for that. I'm wondering if Joe of Gun Works has seen these pictures? I live in Salem but the next time I drive to Eugene, I'll certainly take the gun to him.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top