JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone?
1593910665928.png

Thanks, you have better eyes than I do. I suspect they can afford better.

They can. [But they apparently have the taste of an ashtray.]

Looks like a S&W Walther PPK to me.
Heavy double action trigger pull may explain Ms. Itchy Finger.

Last Edited:
People like to talk trash about HP, but the one I saw a guy shooting in the LAX range never seemed to malfunction. Seldom hit the paper, but went bang when it was supposed to.

People like to talk trash about HP, but the one I saw a guy shooting in the LAX range never seemed to malfunction. Seldom hit the paper, but went bang when it was supposed to.
Ever see Demo Ranch try to destroy a dozen of them with every barrel obstruction you could imagine?

I will never laugh at a HP ever again.

The resemblance is definitely strong.

I'm unashamed to say I have Sterling .22 in my collection. :D
It's an artifact of gritty 1970's New York which I think is pretty cool.
Nice pistol, my father had one of these, poor accuracy beyond 5-7 yards(with the one we had), but it did fire every time the trigger was pulled.

Nice pistol, my father had one of these, poor accuracy beyond 5-7 yards(with the one we had), but it did fire every time the trigger was pulled.

In a way they're better than the "ring of fire" guns in that at least they're made of steel rather than pot metal. The big fault is that they're reputedly VERY unsafe to carry with a loaded chamber. For me it's just a neat novelty that's very evocative of the time and place it came from.

If I may be excused for a longish story about a "budget gun"....

I am reminded of a gun show a while ago , when I took my daughter , who at that time was around 15 or so....
She really liked the phrase P.O.S
"Cause she was a kid and they like that sorta thing...:D

Like I said she was 15 or so...and used that phrase a lot....to describe many things which she thought were sub-par.

Anyways...
There we were at the gun show....having fun and looking around at all the guns and such.
We were also looking for a "grouse gun" for her....

So....
I hear from down the aisle ...
"Hey dad...I found a neat shotgun."
So down I go...and get to the table where she is at...

She asks the vendor if she can pick up the shotgun....
He say "yes"...
She holds it....looks at it...carefully sets it to her shoulder....pointing it
( Away from anyone , no fingers on the triggers...:D )

She hands it to me ...
And says ..."What do you think..?"

I check out the shotgun...
While she looks on...then suddenly starts trying her best not to laugh....
I look at her...She points to the name of the gun...
P.O.S.... :eek: as in Pride Of Spain....:D

That is a fun memory.
Andy

They can. [But they apparently have the taste of an ashtray.]
This is what concerns me the most.

While the McCloskeys' are being heralded as 'heros', defenders of their property etc. is great - I understand this but have their guns ever been fired? What LGS sold the McCloskeys' this POS Jimenez? Were these guns complete 'panic' purchases based on whatever they could find at the time?
Did they have ANY experience with firearms at at all?

I am not passing judgement but the bottom line is the McCloskeys' were incredibly LUCKY. If the mob had decided to take them in a general flail I'll bet not a shot would have been fired and they would have been disarmed, beaten in short order and their guns taken.

It's obvious they have no understanding of basic defense, were not utilizing any cover or concealment and not displaying any proper firearm handling even in an open, non-concealed environment.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads