JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got notification from Ammunition Depot that my mags have shipped.

Projected to arrive on the 6th

ETA: OUCH! :eek: Just looked at my CC statement for November; spent $1400+ on mags 😭:(:oops:
I hear you, but I have two kind of expensive guns I was going to put off until next year on my bill as well. No Christmas gifts for the family this year.

What kind of rationale is "could be modified to hold more than 10 rounds"? Any mag could be modified to hold more than ten by anyone creative and willing enough.
"Readily" is the wording of the law.

There was a posting in Reddit where a guy drilled out the dimples:

tgqausivy43a1.jpg

I would say that is borderline.

Taking apart the mag and replacing the floorplate with an extension, or removing a plug, is called out in the law as qualifying for "readily". So yeah, a ten round mag with a floorplate that can be removed and an extension added to add round capacity, does violate the law. I believe I have said that before in one of these threads.

"Readily" is the wording of the law.
And what a terrible word it is!! Will 'readily' be the same for a gunsmith or machinist with a full shop Vs some rando in a studio apartment? Someone with a lifetime of skill Vs someone buying their first gun?

And don't forget, the ATF originally approved the Akins Accelerator because IT DIDN"T WORK on the summitted SKS sample so they figured "Why not, doesn't work anyway" :s0057:

So they won't even sell us ten round mags now.
Atlantic did the same thing as of the 25th. Hasn't even become law yet. Morons, all of them.
Got notification from Ammunition Depot that my mags have shipped.

Projected to arrive on the 6th

ETA: OUCH! :eek: Just looked at my CC statement for November; spent $1400+ on mags 😭:(:oops:
Damn! That beats my $965 purchase earlier this month.

As for me, all I need still is Walther PDP full-size and compact mags, and Springfield XDM Elite full-size mags and maybe Hellcat Pro mags then I'm good. And I don't even have any of these.

But seeing as how merchants are shutting down sales to Oregon, I should probably feel lucky I got any at all. If I can get Walther mags, I'll consider that a win.

And what a terrible word it is!! Will 'readily' be the same for a gunsmith or machinist with a full shop Vs some rando in a studio apartment? Someone with a lifetime of skill Vs someone buying their first gun?

And don't forget, the ATF originally approved the Akins Accelerator because IT DIDN"T WORK on the summitted SKS sample so they figured "Why not, doesn't work anyway" :s0057:
I think if anything gets overturned, it will be that part of the law. You should be able to buy & possess a 10 rd mag without worrying whether someone has made and extension for it. Especially if there are no other 10 rd mags

I bought 3 standard capacity glock mags for a PCC build I am doing.

Big thanks to Steve at Adaptive Firing Solutions for the idea of how to mark the new mags with my laser. :D:D

20221130_172302.jpg

Atlantic did the same thing as of the 25th. Hasn't even become law yet. Morons, all of them.

As for me, all I need still is Walther PDP full-size and compact mags, and Springfield XDM Elite full-size mags and maybe Hellcat Pro mags then I'm good. And I don't even have any of these.

But seeing as how merchants are shutting down sales to Oregon, I should probably feel lucky I got any at all. If I can get Walther mags, I'll consider that a win.
I still have one order that has to be delivered - they say it will get here on the 6th.

I'm just hoping for a response from a member here that has a revolver for sale. If I can get it by this weekend, I'm all in. If not, no dice. Unfortunately it's been a while since he's been on here.

I spend some but it still doesn't best year ago or so when I picked up 10 HK p7m13 mags for my P7. I got in a lot of trouble at home over that gunbroker season 😂

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top