JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thinking about some 30 round standard capacity Glock type 9mm stick magazines, just on the off chance we get into PCC's. (Not too much use in a non-braced handgun, IMO.)

-Yes, would be stuck choosing between PCC's which accept Glock type mags.

Not too high a priority, else we would have already chosen platform & purchased accordingly, just thinking about future "wants" options.

Update:

I posted above 11/18/22, dawdled for 1 week. Placed my order 11/25.

Shipped today 11/30/22.

Global Ordinance. SHK 33rd glock 9mm stick magazines.

As of this writing they are still $7.99 there.

$965 was the most I've ever spent in my life on firearms accessories. Money that I wish I could have put towards an actual gun, but....well......:s0092:
That's a good amount though.

That lot of 10 HK mags ended up costing me just under $2 grand shipped. I'm glad I did it now though. I'm only into the p7 for $400 though so I have that going for me

31FD5B47-613B-46AE-B77C-7AA642C682C0.jpeg My HK, Glock, and Beretta are happy lol

"Readily" is the wording of the law.

There was a posting in Reddit where a guy drilled out the dimples:

View attachment 1321969

I would say that is borderline.

Taking apart the mag and replacing the floorplate with an extension, or removing a plug, is called out in the law as qualifying for "readily". So yeah, a ten round mag with a floorplate that can be removed and an extension added to add round capacity, does violate the law. I believe I have said that before in one of these threads.
Unless there's a technical definition I'm not aware of, I'm not sure "readily" narrows it down all that much. IMO merely having a floorplate doesn't make much difference in this regard to anyone with even an intermediate hobbyist's understanding of how mags work.

I seem to not be able to stop buying magazines. There have been some great deals listed in the "great deals" section of the classified that were too good to pass up.

$16.95 for 18 round OEB Beretta 92 magazines - I picked up 3.
$7.49 for 30 round Magpul 5.56 magazines - I picked up 10.

I don't even own a AR15 but figure there is a strong chance that I might give in and buy/build one someday.

I am kind of expecting a hicap magazine black market to develop here in Oregon. I don't need to be profiteering on hicap magazines but there seem to be signs of a magazine black market already developing in the classified section. It will be interesting to see what happens.

In Washington were hicap magazines out right banned or were existing magazines grandfathered in?

Get it now and stack it deep.
Some of us have been saying and doing this for years.

Then when the panicdemic hit, ammo flew off the shelves, prices skyrocketed, and when we said "we already have all the ammo we need - you guys should have bought some when the prices were low and stock was plentiful", we are accused of hoarding ammo and causing the shortage, when it was the panic buyers and scalpers that caused the shortage.

Certainly need to at least have enough ammo to fill all mags.
I reload almost every cartridge I shoot. I do have an AK that never made sense to reload for and I am down to a single case of ammo.

Any suggestions for 7.62x39 ammo? I have been using Wolf without any issues up till now. Should I just go to ammo seek and get the cheapest non-corrosive 7.62x39 available? I see a lot of cheap "Global Ordinance". Has anyone used this ammo?

I reload almost every cartridge I shoot. I do have an AK that never made sense to reload for and I am down to a single case of ammo.

Any suggestions for 7.62x39 ammo? I have been using Wolf without any issues up till now. Should I just go to ammo seek and get the cheapest non-corrosive 7.62x39 available? I see a lot of cheap "Global Ordinance". Has anyone used this ammo?
Best 7.62x39 ammo is Hornady's SST loads, or one of the other brass cased US made ammo.

Russian ammo - Barnaul or Tula HP or SP. Wolf & Golden Bear HP/SP is supposed to be Okay too.

Also, Tula 154gr SP.

Avoid Herter's SP/HP ammo; it is a thick hard steel jacket - you might as well be shooting FMJ.

I'm in the boat of if you have paid for it, and especially if it has shipped, you own it. You have order confirmation emails and/or tracking numbers to prove it was before 12/8. Now if you place an order at 11:59:59 PM on 12/7, that might be cutting it close.

So, if a >10 rd mag order is delivered on/after 12/8/22?
You should immediately report it to your local sheriff so he can take appropriate action! o_O

Seriously I can see some mail order retailers will not ship to Oregon but any private party on eBay or Gunbroker won't know and/or won't care. I am sure there will be P2P transfers of hi cap guns without ANY magazines included... until the parties make it to the parking lot and the magazines are exchanged.

I also believe some enterprising group will start a whole black market high capacity magazine black market.

The new law will not get rid of anything... it will only make stuff more expensive which is probably what they had intended to do in the first place.

When I ordered from Lambo's yesterday I think they made their view very clear:

MAG BERETTA 92 9MM BL 18RD BULK

$22.50 $16.95

Save: 25% off

SHIPS IN 2-5 BUSINESS DAYS

Eligible for flat rate shipping†

†All items in order must be eligible. Order must not contain items restricted in your state. UPS only, no PO Boxes.
Restrictions: This item may be restricted in CA CO CT DE DC HI MD MA NJ NY RI VT WA . Please verify legality in your area before ordering.

It is the consumers job to make sure they are following the laws of their state.

Some how I highly doubt that Oregon State Police is going to get USPS, UPS, and FedEx to screen all their packages for Hi cap magazines. And even if they did it sounds like most law enforcement agencies do not have the time or desire to worry about it.

Last Edited:
Just ordered some mags for my springfield prodigy. Brownells took the order last night and I did next day shipping and says it will be here on the 6th we will see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top