JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have multiple that I wish I would, could or should have purchased.
Yeah - that's why I may have gotten carried away - a little. Better that I spend another ~$1K on mags and have them, than not be able to get them later (without smuggling them in) if/when I need them (SHTF). My general rule is to have a loadout (one in fun, 4 backup mags in carrier) and an extra backup (4 mags) per defensive gun - or at the very least, a loadout for each gun.

Some guns, of which I only have a single gun (I prep for three people {including myself}, so generally I have three of each gun for them), I am not as diligent about that rule - especially if it is a bolt/lever action or a .22 rimfire or a gun that has a "standard" mag capacity of 10 or less (I can but those later) - e.g., my Ruger GSR that takes AICS mags, usually less than 10 rds.

I need to get a couple spare mags for my Browning BLR, and the Enfield and such - just to have spares, not for a loadout. That can happen later.

As it is, once all the mags get here, I will have enough that I won't feel the need to get more later. This was all panic buying - I should have had more than enough to start with and I should have them organized with a proper inventory. My inventory was kind of ok, but flawed, and my organizing was in process and sucked, which caused me to order more than I needed in some areas, and panic buy in others where I found out I didn't have the quantity I wanted.

Fortunately, I found enough and at decent sale prices.

If we are successful in getting the mag ban thrown out, and Biden/et. al. isn't successful in his efforts to ban things, then I may order a few more mags next year - but right now I spent considerably more on preps in the last couple of months and now I have to think about getting the GI Joe with Kung Fu grip for Xmas for the kids.

I bought 10 P-Mags.

screw 114.jpg

Yeah - that's why I may have gotten carried away - a little. Better that I spend another ~$1K on mags and have them, than not be able to get them later (without smuggling them in) if/when I need them (SHTF). My general rule is to have a loadout (one in fun, 4 backup mags in carrier) and an extra backup (4 mags) per defensive gun - or at the very least, a loadout for each gun.

Some guns, of which I only have a single gun (I prep for three people {including myself}, so generally I have three of each gun for them), I am not as diligent about that rule - especially if it is a bolt/lever action or a .22 rimfire or a gun that has a "standard" mag capacity of 10 or less (I can but those later) - e.g., my Ruger GSR that takes AICS mags, usually less than 10 rds.

I need to get a couple spare mags for my Browning BLR, and the Enfield and such - just to have spares, not for a loadout. That can happen later.

As it is, once all the mags get here, I will have enough that I won't feel the need to get more later. This was all panic buying - I should have had more than enough to start with and I should have them organized with a proper inventory. My inventory was kind of ok, but flawed, and my organizing was in process and sucked, which caused me to order more than I needed in some areas, and panic buy in others where I found out I didn't have the quantity I wanted.

Fortunately, I found enough and at decent sale prices.

If we are successful in getting the mag ban thrown out, and Biden/et. al. isn't successful in his efforts to ban things, then I may order a few more mags next year - but right now I spent considerably more on preps in the last couple of months and now I have to think about getting the GI Joe with Kung Fu grip for Xmas for the kids.
Most of us have more than enough.
That is not the point.
You will see what I mean soon.

I remember back in May and June purchasing stuff in Semi auto that I was going to buy "someday" but that day had arrived.

The thought of not purchasing another gun again due to this BS you guys are going through is hard to comprehend.

I would like a 38, 410, 1911 and 357 in six inch.
Glad I didn't have to shell out the cash for all of these as well last spring.

If this sticks I am sure my savings will take a pounding sooner than later.

:(

Last Edited:
I'm old and have stocked up over many years, so realistically I don't really need anything to speak of.
However as an ultra mega maga, white, heterosexual Christian and stochastic terrorist I was compelled to purchase absolutely the most evil, dastardly magazine I could find; the infamous and terrifying Banana Clip!
View attachment 1317604
I've been on the fence about these for a while now. Your post pushed me over the edge and I had to order a "bunch". ;)

I just wish I could find some more umarex mp5-22 magazines. HKparts has them for about $60 and I did get a couple along with a drum, but I sure would have liked to find some for $35 like they should be.

All of my magazine orders have come in now. I ordered more than I thought I had, LOL! I was happy I was able to pick up a 15rd mag for my new Hellcat. It took a lot of looking to hunt down one that was in stock.

I stayed away from picking up any drums. I had an AK drum 30 years ago and it was way too heavy to be practical. I know the new drums are plastic but for me 30 round sticks seem a lot more practical.

All of my magazine orders have come in now. I ordered more than I thought I had, LOL! I was happy I was able to pick up a 15rd mag for my new Hellcat. It took a lot of looking to hunt down one that was in stock.

I stayed away from picking up any drums. I had an AK drum 30 years ago and it was way too heavy to be practical. I know the new drums are plastic but for me 30 round sticks seem a lot more practical.
My last order came in today as well, the last batch of my P365 17rd mags, and a case of the translucent green AK mags. I did buy a pile of drums a while back, I do like the magpul 9mm pcc drums for my PC charger, and the binary trigger on it loves them even more, but I got plenty of those.

Not only heavy, but also most make holding the fore grip awkward. I had AK drums and Beta - C drums in the past and sold them. I had to keep the L drum for the Tommy gun when I had one, because you need one.

I have a 20rd 12ga drum, because, well 20rds of 12ga. I do have 50rd drums for the 10/22 and .22 AR, again just because but they are a reasonable size to hold the fore grip.

The one I did pick up before the WA magazine ban was the Magpul 9mm rifle 50rd mag for my AR. The weight is not too bad, the drum sits low enough it does not change your fore grip.

I have looked at the ones for 5.56 and .308 rifles but the weight vs size and cost vs standard mags does not make sense for my use.

Earlier this year I picked up a couple AR10 drum mags from Primary Arms for $60 each. I figure and AR 10 is not a light rifle to start with, so maybe it would be ok with drums from a fixed position.

Last Edited:
Got my two orders from GMW - took 10+ days to get here (a week to ship after order was made, then 4 more days via USPS) - 18 mags total. One KCI extended mag that I will give a try. The rest are HexMags and PS90 mags.

I have 8 more PS90 mags coming from Ammunition Depot. They said today they are in the shipment queue so hopefully they will get shipped tomorrow. They are coming UPS ground, so hopefully they will get here in time. Once those get here, that will be it.

Got a few AK 40 and 60 rounders from Classic Firearms and GMW. I agree, drums are a bit awkward to handle and carry, also more expensive per round held. A 100 rd drum cost over $110 on average, while 3-40 rounds mags (120rd total) cost about $45 total.

My GMWH order arrived today. Extra MP-5 magazines and a pile of PMAGS to split with co-workers. Everything I ordered post-election has now been delivered.

I wish I had a way of determining how many extra magazines (and firearms) have been put into circulation in Oregon since the passage of BM114 that would not have been purchased if BM114 had failed or never made the ballot in the first place. If I were able to find that answer, I'd then send that number to Markie Mark Knutsen.

-E-

My GMWH order arrived today. Extra MP-5 magazines and a pile of PMAGS to split with co-workers. Everything I ordered post-election has now been delivered.

I wish I had a way of determining how many extra magazines (and firearms) have been put into circulation in Oregon since the passage of BM114 that would not have been purchased if BM114 had failed or never made the ballot in the first place. If I were able to find that answer, I'd then send that number to Markie Mark Knutsen.

-E-

uqdzl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews