JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What the subject says... what legal authority could a state have to enforcing a ban on an Federally permitted and NFA stamped suppressor that was legally purchased in the state?

I guess this comes to mind because of recent bump stock rulings and how they are finally coming to admit the ATF didn't have the authority to interpret the rule the way they did yet it didn't stop them from turning people into felons overnight for something they legally purchased.

It somewhat makes me concerned about how a State where suppressors were formerly legal to own could enforce a ban on them, despite the fact that were legally purchased. I know it sounds insane but this is the level of absurdity we face. I have one suppressor on it's way (11 months in) and am considering purchasing another but as we know, they are very expensive and I wouldn't want not have the ability to use them. What's the likelihood?

I get the concern, but quit stirring the pot, dammit!!
I still have (at-least) a 6 month wait for my first.
We all know that pot was already stirred!

I look at it this way. Gun laws are a game of hoops that legal gun owners have to jump through. They say jump and we say how high?

A suppressor isn't a firearm, it doesn't do anything to the firearm except make it a little less ear bleeding for the people around it. We all know this but somehow they're still NFA regulated. If I jump through all those hoops, did the fingerprints and extensive background check and paid a tax on my own right I damn well want to keep that right :D I did put mine in a trust for whatever that's worth.

Why do I need permission from mom when I already got it from Uncle Sam?

They can ban and restrict them, even if you already own them. Stand up and fight before its too late.
I definitely have been fighting (with donations etc). OFF, FPC primarily.

What's worse is if they do ban them, they have a full sheet on you. They know right where to find you.

They can ban and restrict them, even if you already own them. Stand up and fight before its too late.
I definitely have been fighting (with donations etc). OFF, FPC primarily.

What's worse is if they do ban them, they have a full sheet on you. They know right where to find you.
Do you know how it works if the NFA item is in a trust? What legal rights do I reserve? You probably know a lot about this and I could stand to learn a thing or two.

Possession would be illegal in that state, individual or trust. If in a trust, you have more recourse, add a trustee in a legal state, and move them there. As an individual, if the ATF turned over records to the state...you're kinda screwed.

Possession would be illegal in that state, individual or trust. If in a trust, you have more recourse, add a trustee in a legal state, and move them there. As an individual, if the ATF turned over records to the state...you're kinda screwed.
Has this happened before in any other states? I've searched but haven't found anything specific to a situation like this.

Why it's the same 'authority' that allows states to take your guns under their Red Flag laws--None at all
I understand what you're saying but they've incrementally legislated against gun owners for decades and not given us anything back.

I remember very clearly one thing Trump said he would do was for every regulation that was passed, he'd take two useless and meaningless regulations off the books. While hinting toward economic regulations, there was no specific context.

I guess they must have been worried he was talking about our guaranteed 2nd amendment rights because ever since he signed the order, they've been relentless in attacking them.

I understand what you're saying but they've incrementally legislated against gun owners for decades and not given us anything back.

I remember very clearly one thing Trump said he would do was for every regulation that was passed, he'd take two useless and meaningless regulations off the books. While hinting toward economic regulations, there was no specific context.

I guess they must have been worried he was talking about our guaranteed 2nd amendment rights because ever since he signed the order, they've been relentless in attacking them.

I think Trump has done a good job in many ways but he's been a big disappointment on gun freedom:eek:

IMHO.....it's just another (in a long line of)...….

INFRIENGEMENTS

Forget about the argument, that States (and/or the FED GOVT) can regulate to further narrow your rights.:eek: DYK? That the 2nd A actually says......

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads