JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People have been conditioned. It is sad that in todays world you cannot look at an image of a gun or post an image of a gun without the viewer of that image getting paranoid. I like this cartoon...

barksdale.jpg

But the second kid though?
Just because he has an appreciation for revolvers.. And posted it!?
"Most likely wont be charged with a crime"..

Though its placed in the public arena.. Its still free speech and should not fall victim to a crime.
Perhaps a good *** whoopin to the first kid joking about it by his parents.. But thats about it.
The second kid though.. Them cops are bat bubblegum crazy to ruin a kids life over a fondness of firearms?! .. I see the bigotry and institutionalization is a multi network ideology, leos are in on it too!

The second kid is moot because no charges are being filed. The cops have a right to investigate all leads.... the situation is two boys from the same school on the same day posting about guns where one is suggesting taking one to school.

The second kid is moot because no charges are being filed. The cops have a right to investigate all leads.... the situation is two boys from the same school on the same day posting about guns where one is suggesting taking one to school.

Arrested for a thought crime.....
You're opening a damned dangerous door !

Only because of an image !
true, but remember this is an image he published publicly stating hes now 'ready' to go to school. Im all for free speech, but its common sense if you say something controversial you can expect controversy. If only someone would have done the same with Adam Lanza and all the others....

true, but remember this is an image he published publicly stating hes now 'ready' to go to school. Im all for free speech, but its common sense if you say something controversial you can expect controversy. If only someone would have done the same with Adam Lanza and all the others....

Questioning him and even deciphering his mental state in one thing, but arrest over an image
is a very dangerous precedent to set. It won't stop there.

Questioning him and even deciphering his mental state in one thing, but arrest over an image
is a very dangerous precedent to set. It won't stop there.
I guess it might depend on how much disorder he caused, maybe he put the school in lockdown. If it was just the officer teaching a lesson then maybe your onto something but I dont get the vibe he was arrested over an image just because it was controversial!

Regardless, it was poor judgement and a complete lack of common sense. Not a responsible gun owner IMO.

I guess it might depend on how much disorder he caused, maybe he put the school in lockdown. If it was just the officer teaching a lesson then maybe your onto something but I dont get the vibe he was arrested over an image just because it was controversial!

Regardless, it was poor judgement and a complete lack of common sense. Not a responsible gun owner IMO.

13 Yr old with pellet guns being a smart azz.
Under no instance should any image short of a minor being used for exploitation, should be grounds for arrest period.
It begins there and then will end up coming to you if you condone that.
Many things cause commotions, but that is not reason to arrest.
That amounts to a police state. If allowed to continue the 1st amendment will also be lost and then people will be arrested for "pre-crime" by mere thoughts expressed. Yes he was dumb, but being dumb is not an arrestable crime. That is only in a leftist controling world.
We are NOT !

Who gets to decide what is unacceptable free speech? I understand you can't yell fire in a theater. I can understand the kids choice of words could warrant an investigation. I see no excuse for an arrest for disorderly conduct. There never should have even been a question on the 2nd kid.
School shooting have driven a wedge of fear into our common sense. Maybe in big cities where everyone lives pretty much like a rat in a maze you rationalize a loss of free speech as necessary. Out in rural areas and even suburbia yound people growing up using and talking about guns is still considered normal, as it should be!

I really want to agree with Koda here. The first kid was stupid. The second did no wrong but I respect an officer taking the time to talk to him and be sure.

BUT...
I remember some of the stupid kids songs we sang about shooting teachers when I was a kid. Nobody reacted to them. It wasn't a big deal. Now a kid would be arrested for that.

Maybe it's a good thing kids aren't allowed to sing such songs anymore. I don't know. But to be arrested for a smart *** comment? Kids need to learn to not be stupid and not to say stupid things, but arrest seems a little too much for something myself and most other kids I knew used to joke about every day.

Cyber cops???? Are they the fat ones who look at a computer screen all day eating 2 doz. donuts a day? (inter sarcasm here) They actually monitor the web for illegal activity of teens?
Sure stupid is as stupid does but where is the line drawn in the sand anymore? Who caught em, NSA, FBI, FDA or the IRS? I know that some will say "I didn't draw no line, they did" but want real facts, if they can be found by savvy computer guys or gals...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top