JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, SOB is the lamest way on the planet to carry and straight up dangerous.
I know. Since that post, I have not used it except while wearing a specific backpack, where it is covered, easily reachable, and comfortable. That same pack won't allow me to wear holsters anywhere else.

Galco, Bianchi and Blackhawk leather from the big commercial houses, a couple custom made including a Milt Sparks, as well as kydex.

For 1911's or revolvers, I prefer leather. For polymer guns, prefer kydex. All are IWB, it's the only way I roll...
I don't have any tupperware guns.

I have a custom kydex owb from Coffman Concealment I really like, guy does good work and is local.

My two goto hybrid holsters are either Crossbreed or Precision Holsters.

For full leather, Im sold on Bitterroot Gunleather...

bitterroot003-jpg.jpg

1204151745.jpg

I have a custom kydex owb from Coffman Concealment I really like, guy does good work and is local.

My two goto hybrid holsters are either Crossbreed or Precision Holsters.

For full leather, Im sold on Bitterroot Gunleather...

View attachment 544213

View attachment 544212

Beautiful leather, I'm betting the was a premium cost in time and/or money on the unit.

I like that Kydex, too. It kind of reminds me of some of Secret City Weaponeers stuff before that implosion, which in turn makes think of Brommeland.

I like the Don Hume leather IWB for my M&P40c and Glock 19...

7Jio9vUiTEaPLSJPTKjIfw.jpg
B6Fjrj9qQ2O-ES2TybVrgw.jpg

Have a CYA kydex IWB that I modified for my G19 MOS...

YhbOB5WiRYWcLAlfQyLPVw.jpg

For woods carry of my G29, I use a Bianchi military issue flap holster...

128357989_amazoncom-bianchi---um84i-universal-military-holster-3-.jpg

Beautiful leather, I'm betting the was a premium cost in time and/or money on the unit.

I like that Kydex, too. It kind of reminds me of some of Secret City Weaponeers stuff before that implosion, which in turn makes think of Brommeland.

I paid $110 for the Bitterroot Gunleather but he just raised his prices on that one starting at $130. His wait time was about 3mo. on that... if I recall, I've had it for a while now but hes getting more backed up as word gets out on his work. He puts 100% of his artistry and craftsmanship in his work, every holster is ordered custom on his website. Theres a little airbrushing effect on the one I ordered he calls "pooled effect" I think.

The Coffman Concealment Kydex holster I asked to be made closely to the Galco Concealable holster, which I owned for years and finally wore out (no retention left). The guy nailed everything I asked perfectly, but I really like the way his kydex design really brings the gun close to the body... for an OWB and a full size 1911 it really hides well under a shirt. The ONLY drawback to this is the hard kydex digs into my hip after a full day wearing actively when elk hunting.

I have a couple Milt Sparks leather holsters. They're nice holster for sure. But I greatly prefer kydex. I like not having a break-in process with kydex and kydex is usually more adjustable for things like retention, CANT, ride height, etc.

CrossBreed. Specifically the Super Tuck inside-the-pants big paddle holster. Non combat cutaway. Horsehide upgrade. This big paddle holster is so comfortable you actually forget you are packing. Wearing mine right now texting this. Springfield Armory XD .45, T, 5",TS, 13+1 big poly pistol.

However ... the two, (2) two, (2) magazine mag holsters, (also inside the pants paddle type) are between the chair back and me. Still, the feeling is spread out over a wide area. CrossBreed holsters are $spendy$. Extremely comfortable. Five mags. 65 Rds. Buffalo Bore .45 Super. Zombies.

Squeaks slightly when new for a few weeks. Then quiet. The XD and mags disappear even with a summer tee shirt. New gun pants sized about 6 inches big in the waist. Shrink to fit 501' Levi Pants. Custom belt loops. Also some removed. A homemade leather strap gun belt. Thick and wide.

www.CrossBreed.com

Last Edited:
I've been using the Alien Gear Holsters for all of my CCW since the Cloak Tuck came out... so about 7 years? Never had an issue.

I recently acquired a George Lawrence and for the past week have been rocking my Colt Trooper.
Alien Gear for me as well. I use the Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB with my concealed carry.

I have two holsters for a 1911 that I really like. The Galco Summer Comfort IWB is what I usually use, but I also have a High Noon belt slider (pancake style) OWB with a thumb break that I often use when outdoors.
This is the Galco. I use this one the most.
cbob in leather.jpg

For Kydex, can't go wrong with Bravo Concealment, if they make a holster for your gun.
Their selection is intentionally limited to only the most popular guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top