JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to use a Nimrod setup,modular in design and can be added to if and when a specific need arises,
These are not cheap by any means,but you get what you pay for in quality and customer service.
Mine is going on 6 years of hunting,and being kept in the back of my Zuk when wheelin,and no issues at all.
RK

Here is a link http://www.nimrodpacks.com/

Never herd of that company. Thanks for the reply, Im def going to check them out. My buddy recommened the Kifaru packs. Also I was looking at the Tactical Tailor Malice pack. What else you ppl got!!!?

Last Edited:
Nimrod gear is made up in Washington State.
A good friend turned me onto them back when Northwest Armory was a stocking dealer for their stuff,he had a complete pack setup at the time.
I purchased a lot of the accessories direct after meeting the owners at one of the Sportsman Expos several years ago.

I found a big Gregory pack that I affixed 4 big carabiners too so that the internal frame supports the biners. It can support a full elk 1/4 from those biners. I also got a large dark green Kelty waterproof cover for it. (works well in the coastal range).

A lot of the "hunting" packs were either terrible, total peices of crap, or they were $600 totally setup. I like that mine was $300 on sale at REI, one of the best and most advanced packs in the world, and I can use it from serious hiking too.

I have used Nimrod packs for several years now.They have held up well, are very comfortable to wear and have tons of options and great customer service.They have some good specials right now Good Luck

This Pack might work...around 4,000 Cubic Inch of space. You did say a week and you did say a lot of space! This pack is designed for long-term survival!

It is called the WASP for Weapon Accessiable Survival Pack. It looks like any Joe Average "REI" type pack so it doesn't draw any "unwanted" attention to yourself.

But it has a hidden "padded" compartment where you can store a long gun if you need it quickly. Depending upon the rifle/carbine chosen you can deploy it and have it fully operational in about 90 to 120 seconds once the pack hits the ground.

The hidden rifle compartment is fully padded with several padded zippered pockets to store cleaning supplies, ammo, and magazines. We've literally had people unknownling snoop around these packs never compromising the security of the hidden carbine zipped up inside.

This pack is great for taking in/out of cars at hotels/motels because you don't need a seperate "steal me!" gun case. It just looks like any other ordinary backpack with some camping gear on it.

Some unique features about this pack is it is designed to support a weapon system in a survival and/or defensive situation. For example the two outer pockets also double as a supported rifle rest when shooting prone. In the prone position a person can easily reach up and unzip a pocket to retrieve a pair of Bino's, GPS, or Rangefinder for example. The top picture clearly shows the upper and lower outer pockets which are specifically designed as an improvised rifle rest.

Outer sleeves have been designed so one can safely secure a GLOCK type shovel or as you can see here a Wetterling Ax. This lower photo is of a Generation One pack at a Wilderness One class.

waspthunder.jpg

Pack is made in the USA and is a collobrative design from all OFA staff members including our Lead Wildnerness Instructor who is the primarly designer and has designed some highly specialized gear for the "Alphabet Boys", Military and Spec Ops community.

More about this pack can be found with this review here - http://www.oregonconcealedcarry.com/index.php?showtopic=2890

This review features the Generation One pack but the pack I'm showing you is now Generation Two. :s0155:

If it's going to be used for hunting, I recommend the "just one" made by Eberlestock. It's waterproof, has tons of storage, built in rifle sleeve, and very comfortable and well made. <broken link removed>

This "IS" the only pack for hunting. Very modular, quiet, comfortable, bomb proof, and can haul more then you would ever want or need to carry. They have hunting and military packs at a good price too. I promise you , you will not be dissapointed with this pack. Oh did i mention that they all come with a gun sleeve built right into the pack. This was the original reaon i was looking at them, but after trying one on with about 60 lbs in it, i was sold. :s0155:

Malice pack version 3 made by Tactical Taylor in Washington State. 6474 cubic inches total capacity. 3276 cubic inches in Main compartment. Lifetime warranty, which I have used due to the way it came to me. They made it right no questions asked. Solid pack, worth every penny. Very much improved ALICE pack.
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/malicepack-1.aspx

+1 on the Tactical Tailor Malice pack. I had a Badlands 2800 that wasn't bad but after my first trip with the Malice, the Badlands pack promptly went on Craigslist. Super comfy even with heavy loads, a space between your back and the pack helps to keep your back from overheating, and compartments that are sized very well, unlike the 2800 which had some pockets that didn't seem to fit anything quite right. And it's made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. Just a great pack.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top