JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dr. Laura? Oh man. Listening to her tell whiny people they're responsible for their own problems makes my day.
Man, after listing to a couple shows, it's all the same thing over an over; can't really stand it.

I mostly listen to the talking heads when the radio is on. Sean Hannity is about my favorite nowadays. Lars is good too, more of a "redneck" talk show host, glad he's from our neck of the woods; seems to really piss off some of my liberal friends/relatives. Rush is OK if you go into it knowing you're gonna be listing to him. O'Reilly and Savage... I'll change the channel, can't stand listing to those guys. I really do miss hearing G. Gordon Liddy, he's my fave.

For music I pretty much listen to anything. Given a choice I'll probably pick 80s pop/rock. Never have liked blues, I'll listen to just about anything else though... Beach Boys, Vivaldi, GnR, Elvis, White Zombie, Beatles, Techno, Brahms, Steve Earle... the CD case has got a bit of everything.

I like listening to house/electric/techno.

Trance, Euro Trance/Club, D&B and House are my biggest "techno" categories.

I've also been listening to a bunch of (mostly french bands) reworked 80s synth style trance, interesting stuff. There's a blog called "Valerie" that's real interesting, updates a lot of these little-known DJs and their releases.
eg
The Outrunners
(sample vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngS56GIaaJI cool because its a compilation of scenes from miami vice to their music)
Anoraak
Adeyhawke
DIGIKID84
Miami Horror

Still though, I'm more into the euro trance and the large mixes that come with it. (Tiesto, Ron Van Beuken [basically all the good Dutch DJs] Infected Mushroom, Pendulum, etc...)

Other than that I love that old Punk Rock stuff from the 90s like Green Day, Nirvana, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, the offspring.

I also love Blues and Rock from the same generation - like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Dire Straits.

80s rock, I love it.

Some modern rock, both hard and whatever, too much variation to describe.

Classic Rock never gets old.

Various oldies, but not for regular listening.

Classical and Opera have gained my respect, and I listen to it when I'm in the mood or during business...

Classic rock, rock & roll, blues, some Top 40 stuff pre-1990. I can tolerate country and bluegrass in the background (grew up on it). Can't do the speed-metal, cookie monster vocal stuff; and rap just makes me vomit. I didn't like it when it was born and it hasn't turned into anything better as far as I'm concerned. I need a melody, I need real instruments that are actually played by real musicians.

Floyd, a little Van Halen and Metallica but not a lot, Santana, Beach Boys, Barenekedladies, REM, Beatles, Doobie Brothers, and lots more. I'm all over the place, but I haven't warmed to a lot of the new stuff. When I'm driving it's NPR, Lars or some other talk, or Lewis Black on CD.

Floyd, a little Van Halen and Metallica but not a lot, Santana, Beach Boys, Barenekedladies, REM, Beatles, Doobie Brothers, and lots more. I'm all over the place, but I haven't warmed to a lot of the new stuff. When I'm driving it's NPR, Lars or some other talk, or Lewis Black on CD.

Isn't NPR pretty biased to the left?

That's what I'd heard, before the antenna on the truck snapped off and I lost the AM side. I get enough FM to get it most of the time so I leave it on OPB/NPR for the talk and discussion.
There is a pretty good balance there IMO. Much of the "special reports" have a distinct east-coast left-bias, but the host or commentator often adds some skepticism challenging it. You hear more liberal thinking, but there is a middle ground as well. Lars Larsen it is not! And much of it is not political at all. They carry BBC World, and you have to consider the source there. I like hearing the news and comment from the other hemisphere. US media is way too focused on the United States while at the same time not fully reporting stuff.
I got weary of Mike Savage's ranting. Not that I totally disagree with much of his conclusions, he's just far from being good for my blood pressure.

I guess I'm comfortable enough with my politics now that it doesn't bother me to hear some retard on there explaining why being a liberal is best. ErrorAmericaRadio is positively a hoot.

rock2.jpg

Judas_Priest_-_British_Steel-fro-1.jpg

aja.jpg

zap032.gif

JMP0038-FP.jpg

72_2.jpg

Motorhead.jpg

pinkfloyd-darkside.jpg

Candlebox,Tesla,Faith no More,Offspring,Blue Oyster Cult,Dokken,Ratt,Megadeth,Metallica,Chris Cornell,Audioslave,Bang Tango, I go to concerts all the time...Oh ya and my favorite of all time...Queensryche!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top