JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So my question is what type of glove do you use when wanting to dismount your hot silencers.
Leather or something different?

Do you let the cans cool down first?

Are the One-Gloves rated high enough for silencers or would the silicone melt onto the can?

Just looking to see what others use. Thx

I vaguely recall using a therma-glove at one point because something went sideways, but as a general practice do not remove smoking hot suppressors. It is just easier to let them cool off all on their own.

Most of the cans I shoot through don't get super hot. One exception is a very abbreviated, SBRed AR-15 (10½" barrel). That thing gets more than a little toasty. But I digress. :s0112:

Silencer Shop sends me a new "hot pad" looking thing with each order of cans. (One hot pad per order regardless the # of cans) . I have a few of them now and they work fine. I also tend to switch to a different weapon to let the can and the whole system cool down vrs taking a 300* can off. That's how I justify to myself buying more cans! :D

But I guess I'm the only man here.

image.jpg

Silencer Shop sends me a new "hot pad" looking thing with each order of cans. (One hot pad per order regardless the # of cans) . I have a few of them now and they work fine. I also tend to switch to a different weapon to let the can and the whole system cool down vrs taking a 300* can off. That's how I justify to myself buying more cans! :D
How long do you typically let it cool off for? Is 10 minutes enough to have it not burning through fabric? I'm assuming it would take well over an hour before you'd want to handle it.

How long do you typically let it cool off for? Is 10 minutes enough to have it not burning through fabric? I'm assuming it would take well over an hour before you'd want to handle it.

Depends on how hot it is. 7.62 cans on the bolt guns get hot after a solid string of 20 but I back off anyway to let the barrel cool. (I run a thermo cover to eliminate heat waves in the scope, and pull that off to let it cool). Those cans at most rest why I am cleaning up and good to go. The 7.62 off my 300BLK Simi Auto, after two 30 round mags in a few min, no way that sucker you can burn bacon with. I let it cool enough to put it in a box for the ride home. 9mm cans get hot but ya cool in about 10.

9mm, 45ACP, and 300BO

I'm in need. Just to have a glove on-hand, and in the range bag.
I'll order the Ove Glove.

Now for a cover.
Any suggestions, or no need?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class