JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to give my +1 for Maxpedition gear. I have a couple of their bags, the Jumbo Versipack and Sitka Gearslinger. They are by far the most durable bags I have ever used. I carried the Jumbo for 2 years daily and it still looks just like new. The Sitka is my "get home" bag and day hike bag and holds up just as well. The single sling is actually more comfortable when loaded down than a traditional backpack. I have converted it to carry 3 ham radios (2 handhelds + 1 portable HF unit + vertical antennas) and I still manage to blend in with everyone around me. They're expensive, but I can't say enough good things about Maxpedition products.

i suggest the military molle ruck sack they are nice in the army i used mine and never really payed attention but looking back nothing ever broke always worked it went through hell and was still good after 4 years i got one payed 100 for it and love it

i suggest the military molle ruck sack they are nice in the army i used mine and never really payed attention but looking back nothing ever broke always worked it went through hell and was still good after 4 years i got one payed 100 for it and love it

This. Make sure you get a gen 3 or gen 4 frame. I payed 80 for my bag 10th mountain division and a few sustainance pouches on the sides

My BOB is a 6600+cc Kelty Red Cloud internal frame backpack. It is a very non tactical size and it is red. However, it does have a smaller detachable waist strappable "day pack" that can double as an assault pack and I do have a camo rain cover for the whole rig if I want it to be less visible. After monkeying around with smaller packs for years, I went with the biggest pack I own because no one ever said I had to fill it up for it to be the BOB. What I like about an expedition sized pack in the role of BOB is that, I had to, I can pack a 10/22 inside of it, or a folding stocked AK into it and a 100 ounce camelbak bladder, and the basics, and no one is really any the wiser. That, and I'd still have the ability to load that sucker up with over a 100 pound load for short distances. With the compression straps I can shrink my pack to better fit the cargo it carries, but there is a low upper limit on the expandability of those Maxpeditions that are so popular.

RDCH.jpg

Ive got a Maxpedition Jumbo EDC for my EDC/Get home bag. And a kelty redcloud 5600 for my bob. The redcloud is tan and grey. I have it loaded with all my gear (My backpacking load out) All I would need to throw in/on is water, guns, and ammo.

I've gotten my gear broken into three "packages." I'm trying to follow the adage, "Live out of your rucksack, fight out of your webbing, survive out of your shirt."
I've got a non-descript Lowe rucksack, a Ribz waist pack, and finally an EDC carry bag with pocket survival kits that I can strip out and put into my shirt and jacket pockets.
I can carry it all, or shed a layer as needed and still have the basics needed.
Each layer is redundant to the layer above it, however not everything is reproduced as you move down layers. The ruck has more and bulkier food, poncho and liners, Nalgene bottles, extra layer of clothes, etc. Once I get down to the pocket kits it's absolute minimal equipment.

maxpedition falcon. its been with me for 4 years, and has been with me in; brazil,peru,columbia, and equador, panama, and mexico city.so far have only broken one snap clip. could not talk maxpedition into giving me a free replacement nexus clip,, god knows i tryed.:s0114:

IMHO most bags out now are chinese junk sold at American prices that give the seller a big profit, like most everything else we buy. I suspect if I have to bug out with what I can move on foot it will be moved with a store shopping cart. I see them left everywhere so they must be popular LOL

jj

Shopping carts will be a hot commodity in a world going to hell.
I have a Kelty Redwing holds enough for three days living rough, but isnt too much to carry all day. Beware the temptation to pack a lot of stuff in your BOB, just the basics. Otherwise you will either be leaving a trail of expensive gear or get a hernia dragging 80lbs all day.

Only thing I dont like it how loud a shopping cart is.
As for the weight problem. Pack your bag with what you "really need" (This includes ammo, food, water, and guns (If you cant take the guns where you plan to hike then simulate the weight in your pack) then go for a 4 or 5 mile day hike with it. When you get home I can almost bet you you will take that bag apart and remove all the things that are not 100% necessary.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top