JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am posting this to get some more ideas on what to build and have ready. I would also like people to rate the bags or back packs they have used.

I am rating one here: LA Police 3 day back pack crapola!

EPIC FAILURE - LA POLICE 3 Day Back Pack!!!! Top pocket seam has pulled through.

I originally went with a LA Police 3 day back pack because of price and features. I have had it for 3 months and purchased it through Amazon. It moves between the house and the truck all the time but on my last transfer from the truck the top pocket seam failed. I will post some pic's later. ................I know I know .....You get what you pay for. Well I am going to Blackwater Tactical in Salem and get one of the Tactical Taylor packs now...lesson learned.

pic's to follow
Ok if someone can tell me how to post a photo from my iPad I will do it.:huh::huh::huh:

Last Edited:
I have a usgi molle assault pack that I leave in my car with first line survival stuff. In my closet at home I have a full size molle ruck gen 4 frame

with integrated sleep system pocket for longer term problems.

I go through LOTS of bags in my job. Problem is I keep buying expensive bags that I think I will like then get to use them and dont. A couple years ago I picked up a cheep airsoft bag that I liked the size and lay out on. The first 2 years it got little actual use other then riding around in the truck. It is laid out well on the inside with lots of pockets to keep things in place. It is big enough to get my gear in it and have some spare room without over loading it (big problem for me). This year I used it when our team went to AK for 2 weeks where I used it and then I was in OR for a month where it got over a week of actual use out of it. Well the lack of quality showed in a hurry. The shoulder straps were coming apart at the seams. One zipper is getting bad. Were there was some stress on the inside of the bag a seam is coming out.

Now with all that said I like the bag so I went searching for a good one since the airsoft is usually a rip off of a real one.

I found one MOLLE-931 - BLACKHAWK! Titan Hydration Pack, Black and it just arrived yesterday so I have not moved my gear over yet. I will not be really using it again till next year. This bag is made to much higher quality for sure. Of course there are a few minor difference but they are for the better.

If you are looking to bug out I would think a back pack would be better. I do have a 5.11 rush shoulder bag that I really like the lay out on but I hate the way it hang when wearing it. I can not find a comfortable spot where it does not choke me and it likes to move around. I hate carrying it even for 5 min. Then Maxpidtion makes 2 really nice shoulder bags. One is a large and the other a more medium size. I have the medium size and use it to carry some misc and med gear with me on ski patrol. I like this bag cause when I hop on a lift it swings around front but when used as a pack stays in place and is comfortable for all day. A friend at work has the large one and it is very nice too but it is large and you can fill it up. I have tried it on with weight and it is not bad and he is very happy with it.

take a look at badlands hunting packs they are nice and dont scream militia or rei makes really nice packs as well, i thought about going with a molle surplus pack but the last thing i want to do is look like i planned for anything

Not a specific pack review, but a comment: Anything I have seen (or used) with the name "Maxpedition" on it is extremely high quality. Personally, I like the functionality of their "Gearslinger" line.

Tactical Nylon Military Gear Shoulder Sling Backpacks, Single Strap Packs for Bug Out, Survival

I use military ACU backpack, plus I have two of these Walmart.com: Protege 32" Expandable Rolling Duffel Bag, Black: Luggage
packed and setting on the basement floor next to the garage door 24/7 365 days a year.

I have not found anything that I like, but wanted to just say, BUY QUALITY!!! I spent $50 on a Condor (airsoft) pack and $65 on some junk from Wholesale Sports. That is $115 I could have spent on a GOOD pack! I like packs with lots of inside pockets, so stuff stays put. Blackhawk does make some nice stuff, I may buy one of theirs. I like MOLLE cause it's adaptable. Mil-Surp kinda sucks, cause it's always camo, and I'd prefer black, it blends in well and goes unnoticed. Good luck.

I've got a small/med duffel-bag for the car that has everything I need to make a fire, fire, and more fire easily. A lot of fire. And some water + clothes. I hope my car doesn't catch on fire.
At home my BOB is NOYB.

Not a specific pack review, but a comment: Anything I have seen (or used) with the name "Maxpedition" on it is extremely high quality. Personally, I like the functionality of their "Gearslinger" line.

Tactical Nylon Military Gear Shoulder Sling Backpacks, Single Strap Packs for Bug Out, Survival

I couldnt be happeir with my Maxpedition Malaga bag.
It's my EDC netbook, ccw, stuff bag.

For my BOB I have a Nice internal framed backpack that I use for hiking in and camping. It holds enough food, shelter, clothing, and tools for at least a week.

I couldnt be happeir with my Maxpedition Malaga bag.
It's my EDC netbook, ccw, stuff bag.

For my BOB I have a Nice internal framed backpack that I use for hiking in and camping. It holds enough food, shelter, clothing, and tools for at least a week.

Problems with maxpedition is that other people aware of their products will assume you have a CCW. Otherwise they appear to be nice.

I once had to walk home, get a 4X4 with no brakes, but with a winch, drive 25 miles on a bad winter road, chain the 4X4 with a winch to a tree so I could winch an army truck outa bog then drive/tow both back home.
The bag I keep in my daily driver is a $10 school bag, it has the survival essentials. I've had to walk home a few times usually after dark, after 10 hours manual labor, in winter conditions so my bag reflects what I need to keep going, high energy food, light, fire, shelter, water, wool socks, gloves, cap.

winter conditions so my bag reflects what I need to keep going, high energy food, light, fire, shelter, water, wool socks, gloves, cap.[/QUOTE]
My truck has been broke into a couple of times and I have lost real nice stuff. I now keep a small go bag in my truck,inside a Hello Kitty roller bag...no problems!

This is what I use for the truck <broken link removed> So far it has worked extremely well, I have taken it on several hikes to try and get a feel for how it performs and rides on my shoulder/back. It has a 100oz hydration system and multiple external pouches for mags/radio/comm gear. It holds all my gear nicely and has a good strap suspension system! I also have several CamelBak's. the HAWG 500 and its little brother are great for small BOB's they are made to "MIL-SPEC" standards and are very decently priced IMHO!

Kifaru, Maxpedition. I think only is you have a Max versipack they will think you are carrying. The back packs not. Kifaru is alot nice but cost more. I try to buy Usa if $$ allows.

What ever you decide on, I might suggest doing as i do.

Pack the a smaller backpack for each family member, and then pack a couple of duffle bags with ushesextra food, cook stove, undies and such, bar soap & shampoo sample sizes, candles, lighter, water filter, a few bottles of water each, poncho or such, a few medical items, tooth brushes and paste. You get the picture, you can grab these and toss in your vehicles quickle. If you really have to bug out, they will give you a nother week or so depending on what you take and how big your family is. If you have to abandon your vehicle and hoof it, why you replenish your backpack and take what you can and cache the rest just to you have to back track or even use to barter for fuel, a ride or shelter for the night.

Pack them like you are not returning and are going to have to survive out of them for a few weeks.

Women, children and people with medical condition have special needs too, so take that into consideration.

Just my 1/2 cent worth

I have a couple Maxpedition packs and a slew of "other" packs that I am considering using for the BOB. I found this bag made by "AWP" at Lowes for $49. I know we get what we pay for but this bag was designed as a tool bag and seems very stout. It has lots of small slots inside, molle loops on the outside with a couple more pockets. The simplest feature is the semi-ridgid rubber bottom which should make it water resistant and its lets the bag stand up when you set it on the ground. Only time will tell how this bag will hold up as I honestly have not put it through any "abuse" yet.........my ........02........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top