JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a couple years of not owning a .22, decided to get one today for cheaper shooting and training. Bought a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. In the past, a lot of the .22 rifles and handguns I've owned have been particular about what ammo would runs smoothly through it. Anyone out there had one, and be kind enough to pass on their experience about what ammo these like?

I have a lot of .22's and Federal bulk pack runs well in them. Sure I have the occasional failure to fire but the amount I save with the amount I shoot is worth it to me.

Anything but Remington.

I've shot CCI, Aguila, Wolf, Federal, Lapua, Eley, RWS, Fiocchi, and Winchester. For plinking I use what ever is on sale and for groups my rifles seem to prefer RWS and Lapua. CCI mini mags are great for all around shooting.

Don't have an M&P 15-22 but the only thing I shoot anymore is the Remington Golden Bullets in the value pack. I have given up on peters, federal, and the other remington stuff to mention a few. The CCI seem to be good but to expensive for my needs.
I shoot several 10/22's a mark II, and have an Advantage Arms Glock conversion which all feed well with the Remington when others have failed.

I have a 15-.22 and have shot Remington Gold, Remington Thunderbolt, Winchester X hollow points, CCI, Federal, and the random Winchester value pack. I haven't had a single problem with any ammo that I have fed my rifle. My buddy has shot the same through his. He started having problems with the Winchester when he left the box sitting in the rain uncovered between reloads. Basically, keep your ammo dry, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top