JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are amazing guns and well suited to the task. Heavy, low capacity, expensive. If you own one you know its limitations. I got one for CC and was very happy but once they where discontinued and mags and parts became scare I rarely carried it again. Just couldn't justify a unicorn as a carry gun. Replaced it with something I shot equally well with most the same limitations but not the scarcity.

If you own one and want to carry it go for it. They are freakishly wonderful.

Good luck with your search. Remember to check for erosion of the piston and make sure it comes with the carbon scraper. Dead reliable if you keep the carbon scraped. pistons and firing pin bushings are still available from HK parts and tend to be the only thing that wear out, although I never had a problem. holster availability is also kinda spotty, but blade tech still makes an IWB for it.

In the early 90s I carried a P7 M13 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special and loved it. That being said it was heavy to carry all day and I was shooting a 1911 in both USPSA and IDPA so I decided to retire the P7 and switch to a .45 Colt Commander AIWB for daily carry.

For Carry: It's small and rounded with no snags for easy draw and conceal. I like the safety of the squeeze cock. I felt more comfortable with a round in the chamber with the P7. I was ok with capacity as it was very accurate and quick on target. All that said, I don't carry it because it is too heavy. At little too big as well. FWIW I carry a Rorhbaug R9 in a pocket holster and barely notice it. 6 rnds instead of 8, and not very accurate, but easy to carry all the time, which seems to be the biggest factor for me.

If your worried about thrashing it up, get a crappy Glock subcompact.

Milt Sparks VM2 and a PSP. I know some people will cry when I say this but I had Bomar refinish it in np3. I don't care. I didn't buy a unicorn, I bought Schleswig and mean to work it. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top