JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't even know they existed - I Googlfied the darn thing as a joke - and found out my joke was a reality :eek:

I honestly expected to see some phony-baloney mockup like this:

View attachment 314297

Pull that lower off that gun and I'd love to have it!! Anyway, I've drifted enough, back to Joe's original thread....

THIS is better to my old eye trumpets..............

upload_2016-9-27_14-39-12.png
upload_2016-9-27_14-41-7.png
upload_2016-9-27_14-41-56.png

General Sedgwick was NOT impressed.

tac

What do you like the best if you could have your guns in any color combo?

Stainless is always my preference living in the PNW but that doesn't always work out for me.

I like the idea of coating a few in crazy colors, but in general, I like grey over black guns (polished stainless with black accents are very much my style).

So what do you go for if you have a choice?

The most luxurious deep blue possible. But, I know that blue is not always, if ever, the best finish for folks that actually use their guns. So, most of the time, I'm carrying and using stainless. A couple companies, Sig especially, and Ruger, for example, have figured out a way to blacken stainless. My experience, especially with Sig, is this finish is extremely durable.

WAYNO.

Silver over black is my favorite - I really dig guns that have black frames, silver slides, black barrels, and silver controls - the way Sig used to do two-tone guns. Absolute favorite look. Stainless or nickle finish both look nice. NP3 isn't bad, though a lot of NP3 guns I have seen have a tinge of brown/gold and aren't really silvery in appearance. Satin nickle or satin silver (real silver) are the classier looks, I think. I'm only a fan of polished finishes on certain guns, for certain purposes.

Classic black is a good second followed by earth tones in a distant third. Bright colors only belong on toys and training (dummy or color marking) guns to distinguish them from honest to god bullet-firing firearms. I don't like black over silver (reversed two tone) - it looks off to my eye.

Krylon. I did the barrel of a 10/22 with it. About fifteen years ago and it still looks decent. Otherwise I can't stand stainless or nickel finishes. I hate chrome for that matter as well (and get off my lawn while I'm at it...)
I've got an SP101 that I've been dying to darken for years... I'm thinking it's go time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top