JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Besides the Sig 227 I mentioned earlier, I also want a Jerry Miculek Moss 930 in the 22" 10shot mag. they have been out for a while now and I still have not even been able put my hands on one :(

Realistic:
A pair of M&P pistols in 22LR and 9mm, so I can train my wife on the 22 and when she carries the 9mm its all the same except for weight and recoil.

Not realistic (yet)
Long range precision rifle built on a Defiance Deviant action in .280, no make that .280 AI, no make that 7mm RM, no wait..., Bartlein barrell, XLR chassis, AI mags, scope TBD.

A pair of M&P pistols in 22LR and 9mm, so I can train my wife on the 22 and when she carries the 9mm its all the same except for weight and recoil.

Just buy her a 9mm and use the savings on plinking ammo. The felt recoil of a 9mm M&P is not bad since it sits low; developing muscle memory for the weight and recoil management are as important as mastering aiming and trigger control. I am a fan of training with what you carry.

You can reload 9MM near as cheap as 22 if you cast your own. Cheap used steel single stage presses are going for $50. Used dies all over these types of forums. Even though I have several progressives I just bought a ST for a universal depriming station

Well I guess it would be a S&W 686+ 6" for me, I stuck one on lay-away Sunday.

I'd like to pick up a nice M1 Garand this year. And maybe another lever gun, most likely a Marlin.:D

Don

You can reload 9MM near as cheap as 22 if you cast your own. Cheap used steel single stage presses are going for $50. Used dies all over these types of forums. Even though I have several progressives I just bought a ST for a universal depriming station

I currently cast just about EVERYTHING. With inexpensive plated or cast bullets from Lazercast, Berry's or like manufacturer you can load a box of .38 special for about $6.50-7.50. Casting your own brings it down to about $3.50-5, depending on powder charge.

When looking at plinking loads for a 9mm, .38, .40 or .45(among others), you can shoot forever. Consider these recipe's as evidence:

Lyman #356637(147 grain 9mm), CCI 500 primer and 2.5 grains of Titegroup for 870fps.
Lyman #358091(150 grain .38 wadcutter), CCI 500 primer and 3.0 grains of Titegroup for 850fps.

Putting out the money for the reloading and casting equipment can be a little spendy, but it pays for itself amazingly fast. Once equipment is purchased, each round should cost you in the neighborhood of 5-9 cents. Not only is it economical, but it is also one of my favorite things to do.

I added one - a 1911 in 9MM. It might wind up being a Fusion kit built though since finding one is difficult right now. Sportsman's has a Cidital but I think I want something a little 'fancier'.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top