JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Red Dawn was the movie that did and still does it for me. I was 11 or 12 when it came out and my life changed forever! One
The colony is crap. period. Its the end of the world and NOBODY has a gun. People attack and you can't kill anyone.
The dual survival show. Minus Cody would be awesome.
Survivor Man, awesome
I really like the camping/survive in the woods shows and the woods are my favorite place to be. oh also the tv shows Best Defense, tac tv, and every other show mentioned above.

While I am doing mylaring I watch (or listen to and catch a glimpse once in awhile) of the military channel about WWII, hitler, communisn, facists(reminds me of big "O") and such, great excapes, the pre-WWII stuff shows a lot of what was in short supply,

I also will watch different dvd I get from netflix on similar things while I am doing this, what can i say, I have enough mylaring to do to last me another months of evenings, that is if I do it every evening for 2 - 3 hours

The 2008 Presidential Election.

And I though I was on the right track by starting to watch the Documentary The Great Depression from netflix, 3hr 20 minutes, extremely humbling.

You are right, if this clown gets re-elected, what I am watching will become reality. But, the other guy ain't much better, but I am hoping he will be better than the current clown

Not a movie but I recently read the book One Second After. Changed a lot of my thinking on prepping

I bought and read this a year ago, thing was i had lived within a couple hours of Black Mountain for 2 years, the site of the fictitional shtf scenario, I could see what the author was trying to get across, because i believe that such a scenario and living there, just sucha thing would occur, Just like i could Jericho happening, heck look at theway Americans in Michigan turn against Amercians in Ohio during football season, a person would think it was nazi's against the allies in WWII.

Got 9/11 video in the mail today from Netflix, you know the documentary one about firefighters, that caught the airplanes on tape flying into the trade centers, this reminds that when shtf, there is going to both pulling together and then utter chaos or vice versa depends on how it comes down.

Well it's off to Sams club to spend more $$$$ on more foooddd, noticed I was on candy bars on jerky.

Testament ... a town slowly dies after a nuclear war. The movie portrays a woman's efforts to keep her family alive and survive.

To me this was a pretty realistic portrayal of the aftermath of nuclear exchange between nations.

I recently watched the documentary surviviang the dust bowl and War horse,

Some will War Horse, well in the movie, is showed desperate military groups raiding farms, taking food stores, vegetables, fruits , berries, preservatives, etc.. Good reason to de well armed against marauders and to cache stores, supplies

And to keep a gun handy in shtf, especially for women

I generally find shtf television series to be lame in the extreme. Now, the news motivates the heck out of me! I got something out of most of the movies mentioned here, however, the most motivational item for me was the book "Alas Babyalon" by Pat Frank. Written in 1959 it was one of the first nuclear apocalypse books. Looking on Amazon, I guess it's still popular.

12 Monkeys - specifically the part about the Cassandra Syndrome and Cole's foreknowledge; so well written.

Cassandra Syndrome:

1) The condition of speaking the truth and having no one believe you.

2) The condition of being able to predict the future, be it the outcome of a particular event, or the reactions of others to the same event, and having no one believe your prophecy until it transpires.

3) Being able to see or understand things long before others, often resulting in them coming to the same conclusions long after your own initial analysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNMEwNx9x4&feature=player_embedded

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top