JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is your get motivated to be prepared movie or TV show? I have been Netflix streaming the following shows which seem to motivate me. BTW, made a few purchases after watching these and wifey has put me on Netflix restriction for a while. :( She says she will change the password if I don't stop watching these shows.

1. Survivors - BBC show where the world mostly dies off from a flu and a few survivors try to make a go of it in small bands that sometime get along and sometimes don't.

2. Jericho - US show where parts of the US govt and private companies detonate 23 out of 25 planned nukes, blame Iran and N Korea (and nuke them to death) and 6 regional governments try to take control with the strongest in WY. Takes place in small town of Jericho.

3. Outcasts - BBC show about survivors or nuclear devastation on earth who flea to new world and new problems.

I think these are interesting exercises in how people act and interact after the world as we know it "ends." They also make me think about what I would need to survive. Assuming I survive the initial disaster or war. :s0131:

Some movies that also get me motivated when I slack off.

1. Hunger Games - Pretty famous. No description necessary.

2. I am Legend - Pretty famous. No description necessary.

I have not seen hunger Games, waiting it to come in thru netflix, I use my theater, sporting events and such funds to by prepping gear, netflix is one of the few luxuries besides the occasional burger or lunch with a friend one or twice a month and once a month pizza.

I think if you watch a lot of the movies about WWII germany, poland and such, you see what people did also the Waltons was a depression era and WWII.

Colony

Cold Mountain

A weekend camping or backpaacking trip show a person a lot and also a week of camping or backpacking, just what you need and don't need, as far being mobile or on foot.

Jericho and survivors were both good shows.
A good zombie movie like dawn of the dead will give me a nice pick me up.

I watched an entire season of Colony thinking that the next episode wouldnt be complete crap like the previous one... No such luck.
There's hours of my life I wish I had back.

1. Hunger Games - Pretty famous. No description necessary.

I still have no clue what that movie is about. I certainly hope the actual movie is clearer than the TV advertisements.
"Oh look, people running through the woods. One of them shoots an arrow at someone's dinner plate..... HUNGER GAMES!"

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of the Mad Max movies yet, they are definitely mine.
Even though I know it was a terrible show in some regards, Jeremiah still had me hooked.

I keep hearing about Jericho, I'll have to head on over to Netflix in a bit and check it out.

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee7_1340044359[/video] chose your friends, allies and battles carefully, I have no idea what started all of this, but did you notice how every was concerned about getting it on video, and when the one guy come running up to stop it is when they decided to to take off

<broken link removed>

And if they can outlaw soda's and candy <broken link removed> , when will they regulate how much rice or peanut butter I can .have

Red Dawn, which I believe they are remaking and should release soon.

I heard that the Chicom's shut it down because they didn't like being portrayed as the bad guys. Apparently, they managed to get the production de-funded. Might just be a rumor though.

The Road seemed to hit close for me. I never want to be in that bad of a scenario.

I heard that the Chicom's shut it down because they didn't like being portrayed as the bad guys. Apparently, they managed to get the production de-funded. Might just be a rumor though.

The Road seemed to hit close for me. I never want to be in that bad of a scenario.

It's true. But with a little bit of clever CG work and a few re-shoots, the movie is now about a land invasion of the US by north korea....

It's true. But with a little bit of clever CG work and a few re-shoots, the movie is now about a land invasion of the US by north korea....

'Red Dawn' Remake Coming in November

"Movie fans can opt for wolverine instead of turkey this Thanksgiving.

"Red Dawn," the oft-delayed remake of the 1984 invasion film, will finally hit theaters Nov. 21. The remake's trip to the big screen has been a traumatic one. First, the film had to escape the bankruptcy of its studio, MGM. Later, the villains in the piece were changed from Chinese to North Korean for financial purposes. Seems movie studios aren't keen on depicting a country becoming more essential to their bottom lines as the bad guys.

The original "Dawn" is considered a patriotic call to arms, the kind of film that unabashedly embraced America and the country's fighting spirit. The remake, shot in 2009, stars a pair of formerly unknown actors now associated with blockbuster films - Chris Hemsworth of "Avengers" and "Thor" fame and "The Hunger Games'" Josh Hutcherson.

The new film is set in an unnamed city in Washington where a group of high school students fight back against an invading army. And once more, the students will find inspiration from their school mascot, the wolverine."

The Walking Dead has certainly helped me with my critical thinking. I'm looking forward to watching some of these other shows and movies.

Watching Jericho again with my 12 year old son. It's getting him to understand things better. Too bad they cancelled it.

Walking Dead is my current favorite!

I watched Jericho a couple of times, it is amazing how people in need sudden think what someone else has is supposed to be the communities, like the guy with corn, or the girl who inheritated 51% of the salt mine, others thought was all of a sudden community property.

Did you note the the mistake they made when getting fuel for the hospital generator, it was clearly and diesel and they were putting gasoline in it. And how they thought others should donate gas out of their gas tanks for others.

Yeah it was only a tv show but when you think about it, it is how most people I know where I work or live around are, everything is great as long as they are on top, the moment they are the one in need, what you have is supposed to be everyones, sorry about the rant, I can't help it sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top