JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Currently a G19 in a CFS IWB...but before that I carried a FS USP 45 in a CFS IWB ( Columbia Firearm Services ).

I'm 6'3", 225...no problem with the USP in shorts and T-shirt.

XD45 service in an Old Faithful IWB, I usually ride it in 3:30 - 4:00 position but it does print rather badly when I bend over to pick something up.

Funny story my wife works at a big box retailer and one evening a fellow associate comes to her and nervously said that there is a big black guy with a gun on isle 4 and asked if he should call the cops.
I laughed my butt off at that one, I highly doubt I looked threatening playing peek a boo with my baby in the cart.

I carry a H&K p30. Love it but its a bit heavy and likes to try and drag my pants down even if I cinch the gun belt super tight. It also tends to print unless I get it just right. I may start looking for a baby glock or something though for my carry gun and leave the P30 home.

Currently carrying a Sig P220 in a supertuck.
Before that was an FNP45 in a supertuck.
Don't really care if it prints, but it's not often it does.

XD45 service in an Old Faithful IWB, I usually ride it in 3:30 - 4:00 position but it does print rather badly when I bend over to pick something up.

Funny story my wife works at a big box retailer and one evening a fellow associate comes to her and nervously said that there is a big black guy with a gun on isle 4 and asked if he should call the cops.
I laughed my butt off at that one, I highly doubt I looked threatening playing peek a boo with my baby in the cart.

This one belongs in the comedy section. OMG, that's funny. "Oh, save me from the big scary black man." hahahah.

During the cold and rainy parts of the year I carry my beretta 92A1 in the front pocket of my carhartt jacket you can't even tell it's there. I have a shoulder rig I can wear under my jackets but I prefer the carhartt front pocket.

Like anything else, give whatever set up you choose a good shake down so that you can be comfortable in your carry. An expensive set up will do you no good if you're not comfortable and consistent in your ability to use it.

They're thinner and distribute the weight better. The thin factor of one slab of leather and a thin kydex on the other side was the biggest thing for me in choosing that style, though. Plus retention is very good and reholstering is easy because the kydex is stiff and stays open. You don't get those things with nylon typically.

They're thinner and distribute the weight better. The thin factor of one slab of leather and a thin kydex on the other side was the biggest thing for me in choosing that style, though. Plus retention is very good and reholstering is easy because the kydex is stiff and stays open. You don't get those things with nylon typically.
this is what the description of the one I was looking at.
BLACKHAWK! Inside the Waistband Holster w Thumb Break
Fits: Smith Wesson M&P and SIGMA 9mm or .40S&W autos
FACTORY NEW & DIRECT!
• Ultra-thin, three-layer nylon laminate provides comfortable next-to-skin wear

I have an other question, I do like the IWB holsters but is the leather ones worth the extra cash compared to the nylon ones?

If your going to be packing everyday you need to make sure you get a holster thats comfortable for you other wise you might not like carrying it. I have always gone to gun stores and asked to check out holsters so I can see whats comfortable.

Agreed. In the past I have gone with the inexpensive option that looked okay (multiple times), but have since come to realize that it is absolutely something that's worth splurging on considering how much of a difference it makes in your comfort and your ability to conceal and quickly access your firearm. A good one will last for years, and if it's used regularly it's more than worth the extra $$$. ...the WhiteHat that I ended up choosing as the best possible option for me wasn't even that expensive...

this is what the description of the one I was looking at.
BLACKHAWK! Inside the Waistband Holster w Thumb Break
Fits: Smith Wesson M&P and SIGMA 9mm or .40S&W autos
FACTORY NEW & DIRECT!
• Ultra-thin, three-layer nylon laminate provides comfortable next-to-skin wear

Peter,
The key is you need to be able to reholster your weapon, one handed, without looking at the holster. I use only high quality molded leather holsters no matter what I am carrying because they move well with me and because they stay fairly rigid and allow me to perform the one handed reholster. Holsters that are made or partially made out of kydex will do the same sort of thing for you (I just can't get into the whole plastic holster thing but it works great for a lot of folks). Nylon holsters either IWB or outside on the belt will tend to colapse and not allow for easy reholstering.

I once heard a rule of thumb about what a holster, belt, and whatever type of ammo holder you use should cost; it was something in the neighborhood of 25% of the cost of the gun. If you're just starting out with say a $400 gun, $100 sounds fairly reasonable for a good quality, belt, holster, and mag/speed loader carriers. I think the money is well spent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top