JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm 5'9" and about 165-170 lbs, so i'm not a big guy, but i can CC a larger handgun with no problem.

I CC a S&W 5906 in an IWB and a Sig Sauer SP2022 in a OWB Blackhawk Serpa, daily with just a t-shirt during the summer and 2-4 spare magazines.

I CC with a 6" 357 Magnum as well, just using a untucked button down shirt.

With a good belt and the proper holster, you can CC just about any handgun.

I'm about the same size as M67 and I agree with his statements.
CBOB (Commander) in a Summer Special IWB.
Or, I can carry it or a 686 4" in a Galco belt slide If I'm leaving my shirt untucked.

First make sure to start with a real gun belt. Getting a good foundation to start from is the key to success.
Re-enforced instructors belt, IWB X-concealment holster X-Concealment Holster; Holsters, Gun holster, pistol holsters, Mag pouch, Magazine pouch, Kydex Holster, Concealment Holster, Glock holsters, Pmag pouch, and Tactical Gear and the Glock G21.
Don't stress about printing, you are going to print at some time. You will learn what shirts hold their shape better than others. Bend more with the knees and not so much at the waist or that "Big ol' Bump" is going to show.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

I'm 6'1" and 156lbs and I carry a USP Tactical .45 year round.
Most of the time (easily 3/4 of the year) it's in a Galco paddle on a Wilderness Instructor belt.
I've found Carhartt and other "workwear" style button up shirts are stiff enough to resist printing very well. I buy all my shirts long for additional coverage and make it a point to always bend at the knees and not the waist in public.
It may sound lame, but if you need to dress up slightly more, seersucker is actually a pretty decent material for top cover shirt options as well.
I make it a point to work my shoulders and keep my waist thin. I've yet to own a conventional handgun (obviously not AR platform or something similar) that I couldn't conceal and a full size USP + UTL isn't exactly small.

I am 6'3" 220#. I conceal carry M&P9fs everyday with no issue. Crossbreed Supertuck holster and a loose fitting untucked shirt and you are all set. I carry mine more forward than most @ 2:30-3:00. Farther back and it causes issues sitting/driving, farther forward and it does the same with the holster digging into my leg.

I actually had a few guys at a gun shop look to see if they could see it printing or tell where I was carrying and they did not until I did a twist motion that pulled the shirt tight on the butt of the grip.

As mentioned a good belt is KEY. I had a cheapy, it only last 2-3months, but worse yet it was loose/soft and let the holster shift around, that causes many issues. You don't feel secure so you tend to fondle/adjust the holster allot. The movement can cause printing and pinching of the cover clothing or worse allow the holster to move which may make it print.

I bought one of these and have been very happy with it. Best part is they are very inexpensive as compared to other heavy gun belts.
Amish Belts - Black

i'm 5'11 and very lean...
IWB in a custom leather/kydex with a good belt, an early CZ-75 full size service pistol carries just fine with an un-tucked western shirt.

it took a while to get over being worried that it was printing. in the end; it really doesn't. nobody notices, nobody cares.

after carrying it for years, i'm considering one of them new fangled fancy polymer pistols. i handled an XDM 3.8" 45 and quite enjoyed shooting it. the size/weight would be great for concealed carry compared to the heavy lump of iron that is a CZ service size...

+1 with Redcap except officers model. Galco's- paddle on low rt. side back or shoulder holster w/ two extra mags on opposite side. Shoulder holsters seem to be kind of out of favor these days but I have always liked them and still use them.

I am 6'3" 220#. I conceal carry M&P9fs everyday with no issue. Crossbreed Supertuck holster and a loose fitting untucked shirt and you are all set. I carry mine more forward than most @ 2:30-3:00. Farther back and it causes issues sitting/driving, farther forward and it does the same with the holster digging into my leg.

I actually had a few guys at a gun shop look to see if they could see it printing or tell where I was carrying and they did not until I did a twist motion that pulled the shirt tight on the butt of the grip.

As mentioned a good belt is KEY. I had a cheapy, it only last 2-3months, but worse yet it was loose/soft and let the holster shift around, that causes many issues. You don't feel secure so you tend to fondle/adjust the holster allot. The movement can cause printing and pinching of the cover clothing or worse allow the holster to move which may make it print.

I bought one of these and have been very happy with it. Best part is they are very inexpensive as compared to other heavy gun belts.
Amish Belts - Black

I have two of the Amish belts myself and they've held up much better than the cheap Blackhawk gun belt which I also have.

I carry a full size HK USP 40 sometimes and I have a Raven Concealment OWB holster for it. I usually carry XD 40 sub-compact most days but sometimes I like the simplicity of the OWB holster some days.

I carry my Kahr CW9 or my Glock 17 in a simple inside the pants holster (same holster for both). I am right handed but have it set up in left hand mode and carry it at the small of my back so I can use right handed from that position. Both carry surprisingly well and conceal with just a t-shirt. I think the key to this is your comfort in how you decide to carry. Don’t be afraid to try a particular holster, carry for a while then re-evaluate. The price of a couple of holsters during this process will be money well spent if you can dial in what works best for you (comfort, reliability and confidence).

I am having a problem understanding what everyone is calling a cheap belt I use just a leather belt (western) bought just about anywhere with a crossbreed holster with a 4 in. 1911 and never had a problem with the belt sagging or the 1911 leaning outwearing a teeshirt or a dress shirt tucked in.

If it's cool enough to wear a jacket I carry an XDM45 4.5 in the paddle holster that came with it. I've been in the airport, restaurants, grocery store, etc, everywhere except work, where I carry a PF9. I'm 5'7", 160lbs. As for printing, who cares. They used to look at me real funny at Safeway, but not any more. I carry. They can just get used to it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top