JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we can't shoot through the door here in Washington, you have to give them the courtesy of opening the door first

granted for 2 legged predators the 12 ga is the best choice, but for 4 legged varmints I prefer a little more accuracy

I'd hate to pepper my new Chevy truck or apple trees with buckshot

but a bayonet on your 12 ga is an option for close in

View attachment 998260
Yeah pretty much can't shoot through the door in any jurisdiction. Maybe Texas. 😀

But our Dear Leader suggested we do it anyway. I suppose showing that video to the jury would qualify as an affirmative defense. I mean unless of course you're a taxpaying, law-abiding citizen.

Last Edited:
Front door gun is my semiauto 9mm. Depending on which I grab as I'm going out, it could be my compact or full sized 9mm. I'm not picky, just cautious.

Savage .17 Mach 2 with a bright light with the pressure switch and a cheap 3-9 scope, and a 7.62x39 Ar15 with a 3x red dot scope and a light. I have a bad predator problem. I've lost 21 guinea hens and 13 chickens in the last 9 months. I've seen a bobcat, a few foxes, a bunch of raccoons and a cougar out here. Also there is several bears that I haven't seen but we got on game camera. I was using the 17 until recently I heard something get killed by a cougar close by so I switched to the ar. Most of them I saw In the first few months after we moved in before I had a rifle set up for it, so they are still out there lol. But I did get the 3 raccoons that did most of the killing and a skunk that we actually caught on camera killing a chicken that was sitting on eggs in the barn.

many years ago, I left the access hatch to the underside of our home open after I was running new phone lines

it appears a female racoon got in there, ripped open one of fiberglass tube heater duct and had a litter inside

my wife mentioned to me in May the cats were sitting on the heating ducts looking down

early one morning I obseved this, pushed the cats aside and obseved baby racoons in our heater ducts, looking up at the cats

I let them grow up and move on - but- I had to replace all the ducting in Sept before we had to use the heater again

many years ago, I left the access hatch to the underside of our home open after I was running new phone lines

it appears a female racoon got in there, ripped open one of fiberglass tube heater duct and had a litter inside

my wife mentioned to me in May the cats were sitting on the heating ducts looking down

early one morning I obseved this, pushed the cats aside and obseved baby racoons in our heater ducts, looking up at the cats

I let them grow up and move on - but- I had to replace all the ducting in Sept before we had to use the heater again
Mice get in there too.

we have practiced with the Ruger at night, with it's 30mm holographic site on green setting, one can see faily well with our LED spot lights out to 50 yrds
we could see the cats eyes shining in the orchard and if I had a holo sight that night I could have put a .22 right between those glowing globes
Precisely what I have on my home defense AR. A Red Dot, a laser, and a 2200 lumen spotlight rail mounted. The light is good for about 75 yards and the laser dot is visible with the light on. Both are activated by paddle switches. The combination is deadly at night.

1) Gun kept by the ft door is a .38 snubbie, as is the gun on my person. gun for non-human pests is an air rifle.

2) "we can't shoot through the door here in Washington, you have to give them the courtesy of opening the door first"
In addition to courtesy it's just good gun safety: Be sure of your target and what's around and behind it.
Is it OK to shoot through the window next to the door?

3) "I'd have shot him in the wiener."
Didn't look like the conditions were right for such precision.

4) "I'd hate to pepper my new Chevy truck or apple trees with buckshot"
Yes. Shooting your own vehicle sucks.

1627398674369.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR