JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me id have to say Glock and M&P's.

Fired lots of hand gats but putting a Glock or M&P in my hands fills me with confidence and excitement. Next up would be a PPQ for that butter smooth trigger and great ergos, though i do not own one.

Oddly enough HK is one ive never fired before. Held a VP9 and SK felt good but ive never actually put rounds down range with one. USPs have my interest too.

So far my 19 with 3k+ rounds and my 2.0 in 40 with 1.6k thru it should tell you my favorites.

I've had the opportunity to own and shoot most brands/models and after all that I've settled in on the CZ brand. I shoot my P10c most because it's the carry gun, but prefer the Shadow-2 for pleasure and plate rack shooting. My wife has a customized P09, but prefers the Shadow because of the mild recoil. Way too heavy for a carry gun though.

For joy of shooting and accuracy my Volquartsen Scorpion is unbeatable IMHO.
For a daily carry/defense handgun I like the S&W Shield, good balance of comfort/weight/capacity.
For hunting or woods carry I like my S&W 657 in 41 Magnum.
What feels best in my hands is still a 1911, I shoot it pretty good too!

Not just any 1911, MY 1911. Not the best fit, not the finest or most decorated, but we've been together almost my entire adult life... a "gun marriage" that just works, plus Old Ugly doesn't mind me having other irons on the side. LOL

For me id have to say Glock and M&P's.

Fired lots of hand gats but putting a Glock or M&P in my hands fills me with confidence and excitement. Next up would be a PPQ for that butter smooth trigger and great ergos, though i do not own one.

Oddly enough HK is one ive never fired before. Held a VP9 and SK felt good but ive never actually put rounds down range with one. USPs have my interest too.

So far my 19 with 3k+ rounds and my 2.0 in 40 with 1.6k thru it should tell you my favorites.

The Glock 17 and 34 are my favorites so far. I don't own a G34 but I think that it will be my next buy. I tried the M&P 2.0 and I didn't like the slack in the trigger. I barely notice the reset, I don't think it clicks like a Glock. I do want to try the PPQ.

The Glock 17 and 34 are my favorites so far. I don't own a G34 but I think that it will be my next buy. I tried the M&P 2.0 and I didn't like the slack in the trigger. I barely notice the reset, I don't think it clicks like a Glock. I do want to try the PPQ.
Have you tried a 1911 or single action only (SAO) trigger?

Single action trigger means that with the pistol cocked, you have a very short trigger pull, usually very crisp and light. It is different in that if must be cocked first to fire, where as a Double Action trigger can actually Cock an uncocked pistol during it's trigger pull! It's usually a much longer trigger pull as it has to cock the pistol, and it's usually not as accurate on the first shot, but it can work as a safety, essentially allowing you to carry a loaded but uncocked pistol with the safety ( If any) off! Tje 1911 is a single action pistol, in that you have to Manually cock the pistol ( rack the slide) first before you can squeeze the trigger and fire! It's a much faster and mush more accurate system once cocked and locked, but relies on safety of the operator to function safely!

If you have not tried out a 1911 yet, I highly recommend it, It might change you forever!:s0155::s0140::cool::D

Single action only like that P238, just drops the hammer. Double action cocks and drops the hammer.
SAO's typically have a lighter pull, the tradeoff for that is they have to be kept on-safe or empty-chamber. SAO revolvers, unless modernized with something like a Ruger transfer-bar system... well, even Wyatt Earp would only carry his Peacemakers hammer-down on empty chamber, making them more "five-shooters" than "sixguns."

Thats where the 1911 has the advantage, as long as it has a fully functional grip safety, it can be carried with a live chamber and hammer cocked, safety off, and it will not fire until you grip the grip firmly and squeeze the trigger! NOTE, I do not recommend carrying in this fashion, but as long as its proven the grip safety is good, it can be done! Most of us who carry a 1911 carry with a loaded chamber, hammer cocked, but Thumb safety ON, which you train to disengage ether during the draw, or as your hand grips the pistol before the draw! Ether way can be very fast!

The only others I've tired are the LCP which I thought was hard to hold onto and the Sig P238- jammed more than it shot.

I don't now what single action only trigger means.

I have an assortment of different pistols/revolvers both double and single action, I'd be happy to demonstrate the differences for you and let you dry fire (no ammo) them to get the feel for what's what. If there were some you'd like to actually shoot , I live about 15 mins from a private range.

For me that would be the Smith & Wesson Model 29 in .44 Magnum:

View attachment 615736

As to why:

• I have found it to be very accurate.
  • It fits my hand well.
  • It is chambered in a very potent cartridge.
  • I can shoot everything from very light .44 Specials through heavy, fireball inducing .44 Magnum loads, and all between.
:)
I grew up with one of those. Got it from a police officer when I was 14 years old. He handloaded ammo for me, when I was too poor to buy factory stuff. He always cut me an awesome deal on reloads. As for my "favorite" pistols now, its the 3rd gen smith and wessons. They just shoot and shoot and shoot and they are accurate. Yeah, they are heavy, but I don't CCW them, I shoot them.... At my club's bowling pin shoots, you always see which pistols rock and roll and which ones make the owner feel like crawling under a rock and hiding. The smiths rock and roll buddy!!!
9eVCZGw.jpg
The upper pistols in the pic from left to right are my 40 S&W (4006) and my 45 ACP (4506)...

Revolvers have their place! When you need a lot of stopping power, a lot more then a semi auto can provide, a wheel gun is the only option!
Plus, there is the whole traditional "Repeater" historical connection that a lot of us dig!
View attachment 615808
There's a lot to dig about a nice revolver. I remember shooting jack rabbits on the run with my Smith 29-2 44 magnum, back when I lived in the desert.... Furthest shot on a running jack was 200 yards. Had to lead it by about 15 feet.....

Either my G30S or one of my 1911s.
The 30s was a favorite before I even owned it, and well after I had to send it to the factory due to malfunction. It's proportions allow me to shoot it more intuitively than any other handgun I own. The 1911 for similar reasons, as well as the fact that they're so easily customized.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top