JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, please don't ACTUALLY turn them in to paperclips. But the 1911......sometimes I just hold it and imagine the stories it could tell. I've caught myself whispering "if only you could talk" to it more than once.

Weird?
Only weird if in public, otherwise hell no.

OK, please don't ACTUALLY turn them in to paperclips. But the 1911......sometimes I just hold it and imagine the stories it could tell. I've caught myself whispering "if only you could talk" to it more than once.

Weird?
Nothing weird at all. A WWII 1911 will have many stories to tell. Incredible to own a historical gun like that.

HK P7M8. Bought one in '92, retired it for carry last year for SIG 365. Love the lightweight, easy balance of the SIG, but the P7 really is an amazing pistol. Now a safe/range gun, I still feel that it may be the best pistol I will ever own. I know there is some controversy surrounding this gun, but for me, it checked all of the boxes for a fast accurate and safe carry pistol more than anything else.

By modern standards it is heavy, the capacity is not anything to write home about, and balance in a concealed carry holster is not ideal. Parts are now too hard to find/expensive that I had to make a change. Even so, I would love to someone make a modern affordable version of this gun!

Desert eagle baby eagle is probably my favorite to shoot of modern guns, but...

...my all time favorite is a 1972 Browning Hi-Power my grandpa willed me. When I shoot it, I can almost hear him instructing me as he taught me to shoot. I swear it feels like there is an imprint of that man's soul on it. I can still hear him instructing me in memory and sometimes I tear up a little for real when I shoot it. I also very rarely take it out. It also was lovingly cared for like no other. It was the first gun I learned to shoot that was not a .22. It still looks new except for one light fingerprint in rust in the bluing from the last time my grandpa touched it before lymphoma got him. Toughest, most honest man I ever met.

Is it ok if I have two favourites?
I can't make-up my mind, so I'll just post both.....

First up, Smith model 15...The Combat Masterpiece….

1570939089481.png

The Cadillac of Revolvers.
Simple. Elegant. Beautiful lines and THE best trigger on the planet. Adjustable sights are just the butter frosting on the yummiest cake anyone ever baked.
Today, its stainless sister, The Model 67, soldier's on although I understand that legendary trigger is no longer quite so "legendary" and it now sports a safety ( :confused: ).

...and last but certainly not least, The coolest Blaster anyone could ever own....

1570939938599.png

The AMT Hardballer L-O-N-G-S-L-I-D-E.

Arnie Approved...

1570940034438.png

Who'd a thunk that adding a couple of inches to the slide and barrel of a 1911 could produce the sexiest handgun in the history of firearms.
...SO...F'N...COOL :cool:...
I've also liked the idea that it's kind of a tip of the hat from the modern 1911 Colt to its predecessor, the SAA Model 1873, with that long 7" barrel (although, technically, it was never an officially Colt produced product. Still....).
Next time you're at the range, walk in with that thing slung on your shoulder holster.
The first time you pull it out, though.....you'd better be wearing your Ray Ban's and a leather jacket....

...It's that cool.
:s0152::s0152::s0152:

Dean

Last Edited:
My S&W M&P 340. It carries well has been utterly reliable, and is kinda beat up. Its eaten .357 magnum, .38 +P, reloads, factory, etc. Always utterly reliable, easy to carry while driving or starting a campfire with a ferrorod and is amazingly accurate if I do my part. The trigger stages well, and doublebtaps are sweet with it (except in .357 magnum). I love my Glocks, but never leave this one behind. Its a bit too small for my hands, a blast to shoot and never fails to go bang... now if I could just save up fof another one... 20190921_225948.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top