JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I lean heavily towards Glock. I've tried others but the grip and trigger keep me going back to Glock. I've fired a Glock 34 and I'd say it's right there with my 17 for my favorites.

I am certain that the high majority of you have fired more handguns than I have. I'm curious what is your favorite and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me that would be the Smith & Wesson Model 29 in .44 Magnum:

29wheel-jpg.jpg

As to why:

• I have found it to be very accurate.
  • It fits my hand well.
  • It is chambered in a very potent cartridge.
  • I can shoot everything from very light .44 Specials through heavy, fireball inducing .44 Magnum loads, and all between.
:)

Glock & Glock style triggers (CZ, others) and vague balance point, simply do no work well for me. Regardless of their other advantages I've had to find others, such as the original Browning P35.
Colt 1911 flat arch works perfect. Some Sig grip/trigger designs work well for me.

GP100 .357 (no longer have it but will buy another when I can) tack driver and powerful

Beretta 92fs grip is very wide and fits my xxl hands well and more accurate then my Glock

Glock 17 always goes boom and easy to carry

My absolute favorite? An AMT-III. Shoots a 30 carbine round. Trigger is unbelievable! Cycling rounds is like nothing that I've ever shot before.

AMT 30a.JPG AMT 30b2.JPG

Runner up is an Auto Mag.

1. When is the last time you saw one?
2. When is the last time you saw one in "real life" (not in a movie or magazine)?
3. When is the last time you have ever seen one being fired in "real life"?

The 44AMP is fun. That is the one most people are familiar with.

But the 357AMP is much nicer to shoot! I can push 158gr XTP's (for 357's) nearly 1600fps as a "standard" load.

357AMP.jpg

I really like my cz p10c. Wonderfully accurate (to me), pretty good trigger for a plastic fantastic, and much better ergonomics than glock and s&w (to me)

High-power if favorite though. Buttery smooth and beautiful.

I like Berettas because.... they're Berettas.

I like Glocks because they're proven service pistols and the ubiquity of parts.

I like Ruger GP and SP revolvers because they're durable.

I like older S&W revolvers because.... they're not newer S&W revolvers.

Last Edited:
Seeing the word "pistol" was used rather than "handgun", I'll assume it's limited to semiautos... So, Gen 2 G19 would be at the top of the list. Main reason is my ability to shoot it accurately... A close second would be the Sig M11-A1. Which I suspect I'll become just as, or perhaps more accurate with, with practice...

Seeing the word "pistol" was used rather than "handgun", I'll assume it's limited to semiautos... So, Gen 2 G19 would be at the top of the list. Main reason is my ability to shoot it accurately... A close second would be the Sig M11-A1. Which I suspect I'll become just as, or perhaps more accurate with, with practice...

Thread title edited to reflect "handguns" not "pistols" for you purists. :rolleyes::D

I like Berettas because.... they're Berettas.

I like Glocks because they're proven service pistols and the of ubiquity of parts.

I like Ruger GP and SP revolvers because they're durable.

I like older S&W revolvers because.... they're not newer S&W revolvers.

This is pretty much where I stand, except I lean to the Super Redhawks when it comes to Rugers.

1. Ruger Blackhawk Bisley, there is just something right about open carrying a single action when going on a walk about.
2. 1911, first handgun I ever shot and that was boot camp, has always felt like an old friends handshake.

Last Edited:
Smith and Wesson Handguns:

Colt 1911A1 .45ACP my first Carry Gun that serviced me well
Model-29 w/6-1/2" Barrel. Carried as a LEO
Model-19 w2-1/2" Barrel. Carried as an OD & BUG as a LEO
Model-41/46s w/5-1/2" & other Barrels. Great FUN Guns

Well, most any Smith and Wesson depending on the reason and season. But the above are my favorites.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top